Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON announces their next KS after their current one ends, and it's HATE, based on Adrian Smith's comic. If you're attending GenCon, let the rest of us know more about the game. Thanks!

More info about HATE:
https://www.facebook.com/Adrian-Smiths-HATE-233533063481865/

Quote:
Civilization has crumbled, and all hope is lost. The few remaining clans must compete to rule a world where resources are scarce, and life is sickeningly cheap.

From Guillotine Games, and based on the graphic novels by the acclaimed Adrian Smith, HATE is a highly kinetic, endlessly brutal campaign game of post apocalyptic survival. Up to six players battle through a multi-game Chronicle where they use their unique clan to savagely plunder, mutilate and demoralize their opponents.

The player who most expertly uses Savagery (gained by doing unspeakable violence upon their foes) to upgrade their warriors and Resources (gained by plundering the land) to unlock powerful new abilities from their village will win the game, but only the player with the most Hate will become the Tyrant and rule over the rest!

If you're attending GenCon this weekend, make sure to drop by the CMON booth to check out some the HATE resin figures we'll have on display.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/a-song-of-ice-and-...

Amazon Review wrote:
This is a daring, impressive work of art: 100pages of monochrome, gritty fantasy. Besides the introduction (a page of beautiful, epic text), those pages average ~one word /page. Adrian Smith relies on his graphic skills to tell the story and does admirably.

In short, Mother Earth is defiled and is bound beneath the ground; humanity falls from any grace it may have had. Men enslave other men, and a brutal Tyrant rules over many. Mother Earth's spirit engages Worm, the protagonist, who is tasked to free her [or bring back her power somehow]. Her magic has seeped into vegetation since her demise, so sentient fungi and roots play a role. She transforms or communicates to Worm as a white butterfly too.

Adrian Smith's illustrations are generally splendid. If you ever looked into any Warhammer/Games Workshop art (which Adrian has made many) and wished you could immerse yourself in a similar world (this is not part of Warhammer's TM Olde World), this is your chance.

Enjoying/understanding this took some concentration and rereading of the prologue, which may turn off some but I found enjoyable. If I understood this correctly, Worm is out to find a key to unlock Mother Earth's chains/cage. Regardless of the low-text approach, I expected to have a better understanding of what to expect in the second volume by the time I reached the end. The number and motivations of the different, conflicting factions is still unclear. Vol. #2 promises to develop this more, which will prompt a reread of this. I plan to purchase the next as soon as it is available.

https://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Hate-Adrian-Smith/dp/16321...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! Definitely not for me, I'll pass .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That guy has a bucket of heads. Fancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Lozano
France
Saint-Etienne
flag msg tools
Trying to find time to paint...
badge
...but translating all day long !
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope this will not be a campaign game that is just a re-writting of Blood Rage or Rising Sun or I'll be disapointed,since the universe seems good and mini awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1139503. Lord_Nathaniel
  • 1d100 =
  • (54) =
  • Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:29 am
Travis Hunter
msg tools
I wonder if the game supports solo play... it does state that up to six players can play but that can mean anything; 1-6, 2-6, 3-6, etc.

The fact they don't give a date either prolly means the campaign will be a ways off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizniz13 wrote:
I wonder if the game supports solo play... it does state that up to six players can play but that can mean anything; 1-6, 2-6, 3-6, etc.

The fact they don't give a date either prolly means the campaign will be a ways off.

My interpretation of the description is that this is a straight-up pvp game, so I wouldn't expect solo mode here. I can't remember the last solo area-control game...

Thankfully, it looks like another cool game I can watch from the sidelines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Villarreal
United States
Pacoima
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Nathaniel wrote:
Hope this will not be a campaign game that is just a re-writting of Blood Rage or Rising Sun or I'll be disapointed,since the universe seems good and mini awesome.

It's CMON...all flash, no substance. I wouldn't hold my breath on it being as amazing as their only truly great game Blood Rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game i'm expecting for a long time! I hope it's good and hope it's not an area control similar to Blood Rage, CMON already have too many games with the Eric Lang signature and feel, and everything is stating to look too similar. Blood Rage and Rising Sun was said to be part of a trilogy, maybe this is the third game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eduguima wrote:
This game i'm expecting for a long time! I hope it's good and hope it's not an area control similar to Blood Rage, CMON already have too many games with the Eric Lang signature and feel, and everything is stating to look too similar. Blood Rage and Rising Sun was said to be part of a trilogy, maybe this is the third game?

Doubt it, I thought the trilogy would be would be at least somewhat loosely history/mythological based.
I bet this is just that same team because they have shown t o work well together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boxshall
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Scotty Palmer says......
badge
I come from the land "Down Under"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the two characters shown look pretty cool.

This will hit Kickstarter in a few weeks, I'd imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
CMON already have too many games with the Eric Lang signature and feel, and everything is stating to look too similar

Speak for yourself, I love Eric Lang's work. Everything he touches turns to gold and I'm certainly getting in on HATE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
eduguima wrote:
CMON already have too many games with the Eric Lang signature and feel, and everything is stating to look too similar

Speak for yourself, I love Eric Lang's work. Everything he touches turns to gold and I'm certainly getting in on HATE.

It probably does seem that way if someone felt compelled to back every one of those similar games on Kickstarter, or purchase them elsewhere.
A new theme and some modified rules is bound to appeal to some who weren't attracted to the themes of the other games - it'll surely feel new & wonderful to more than a few people out there.

If it turns out to be that similar, it's ok. I can use the break from Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:

Well, the blurb says it's designed by Guillotine Games, so dunno how much influence Eric Lang has over the game. GG's latest game, Massive Darkness, is not being well-received by BGG'ers, with it hard at the beginning of the game, and easy towards the end. Monolith's Batman boardgame is coming, so I'm saving up my Amertrash dollars for that game!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1829302/so-what-are-peo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conan the slayer
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I want it just for the minatures, Adrian Smiths concepts are sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Lindberg
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool, that's my Amazon review! I'm looking foreword to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Segal
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Definitely backing this game, regardless of "those" (trying to be polite w/o being really insulting) who wish to ban this game.
I've been through this crap when I played 1st edition AD&D, then Call of Cthulhu Vampire: The Masquerade (and the rest of the early White Wolf's World of Darkness)
I HATE people who don't like something and try to ruin it for those who are interested in HATE (board game). To those who are trying to ban it, don't back it. Just stop trying to ruin it for those of us who are interested in backing this game. Go somewhere else to troll your problems
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.