Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo DC
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

First of all, I would like to say thank you Brent for this wonderful game!

I have the following question. Can I use block skills, for example Blitz, to tackle the ball carrier? I think that block and tackle are different things and therefore you cannot use Blitz to tackle, but I would like to be sure.

And another one, what happens if the ball carrier performs a block and he fails it? Is he pushed back?Is he tackled?

Thank you and go Trucks!arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
moon rally
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nake wrote:
Hello!

I have the following question. Can I use block skills, for example Blitz, to tackle the ball carrier? I think that block and tackle are different things and therefore you cannot use Blitz to tackle, but I would like to be sure.

And another one, what happens if the ball carrier performs a block and he fails it? Is he pushed back?Is he tackled?

Thank you and go Trucks!arrrh

Hello!

For the Blitz tackle question. No blitz is used to block not tackle. However, there is a skill called diving tackle that works the same way as blitz but used to tackle instead (be careful, if you fail the tackle you fall down).
Note that in a similar fashion, block +1 isn't used for tackling, but tackle +1 is.

If the ball carrier fails a block he isn't tackled but he is knocked back (and in prime position to be tackled as the opponent has a free activation).

Hope that helps!

Lumberjacks Goooooooooooo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Simpson
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add to this, I think there could be some situations where it might be preferable to block the ball-carrier rather than tackle, such as if the action is being performed by a player with block+1 and there are no unoccupied spaces for the ball-carrier to be pushed back into which would result in him being knocked down instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nake wrote:

You're welcome!

All of the answers you received are correct. I'll add these:
- a critical success when blocking a player with the ball will result in a knockdown/fumble
- a critical failure when blocking with the ball carrier will result in a knockdown/fumble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
Nake wrote:

- a critical success when blocking a player with the ball will result in a knockdown/tackle

I thought the rules said a critical success when blocking the ballcarrier resulted in a fumble?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo DC
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General Kale wrote:
voodooink wrote:
Nake wrote:

- a critical success when blocking a player with the ball will result in a knockdown/tackle

I thought the rules said a critical success when blocking the ballcarrier resulted in a fumble?

Thank you very much for helping me!

I also thought that. Actually I thought the following:

- a critical success when blocking a player with the ball will result in a knockdown + fumble
- a critical failure when blocking with the ball carrier will result in a knockdown + fumble

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
General Kale wrote:

That's what I meant!laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.