First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing question (ROI modifier token) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klaus T.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's possible this is in the rules or FAQ, but then I've missed it or not searched for the right words

Anyway, last night an adventure (titled "Collapse") on the Gather-action had me put the [broken rover] token on an ROI.

Will that ROI token modify my upcoming Research-action (in the same round) so if I did a research with Scorpio on that ROI, I would had to roll the wound-die at the end of action phase?

Or does the ROI token only come into effect next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Modifier tokens apply next round.

I tried to put together a timing list here:
Timing List: Immediate - End of Round Round - End of Action Phase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus T.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great, thanks!

Do you happen to know if it's in the rules/FAQ somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klauseren wrote:
Great, thanks!

Do you happen to know if it's in the rules/FAQ somewhere?

Page 19 of the rules:

Quote:
Modifier tokens
Modifier tokens trigger a number of in-game effects. They can, for example, force you to use an additional pawn, or to reroll a success die. All the icons on the Modifier tokens are explained in the table at the end of the rulebook.
Whenever an effect introduces a new Modifier token into play, you will be instructed where to put this token. Modifier tokens do not act retroactively — they cannot influence an action that was already declared even if it hasn’t been resolved yet. They do apply, however, to all future actions until the end of the round in which they’ve been discarded.

(Emphasis mine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus T.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I knew I had missed it somewhere And now reading it again, I remember having already read it before... I guess sometimes there's just too much stuff to keep track off, that some of the things gets lost. Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.