6 Posts

Outlive» Forums » Variants

Subject: Player trading rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Telgar Sandseeker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be interesting to allow trading at some time or place between players. Like for instance when Heroes are in same place and both active. Or alternatively during the night. It could be something like ‘not more than 3 materials or foods’, not necessarily One for one.

It is lacking a bit of interaction between players, except during the moves in Day phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I would love to see that interaction. I need water! It will cost you that broken crowbar, etc. I think it could add a new layer to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sounds great, wouldn't break anything either. I always like trading because it can help players self balance out runaway leaders a bit, not that this is an issue in this game, but it could take some stress off of water mis-management. You could also extort people in desperation pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Yeah, sounds great, wouldn't break anything either.

That depends on how you wish to handle the pressure mechanic. It would be sort of ridiculous to enter a location, rob stuff from your opponent (or make them spend ammo) and then you be like "Hey bro, I need some more water. Got any to spare?" whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Campos
Spain
Alcorcón
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
Perhaps when both of the meeples were of the same value. "3" they could interact between them exchanging anything that they have, not only resources.
I want that. Take this on return.
Or
I give you this if you help me to eliminate this event. Of course... What happend with the Survival Points? We distribute them? Maybe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conde duque wrote:
Perhaps when both of the meeples were of the same value. "3" they could interact between them exchanging anything that they have, not only resources.
I want that. Take this on return.
Or
I give you this if you help me to eliminate this event. Of course... What happend with the Survival Points? We distribute them? Maybe!

Interesting idea, indeed. If you're at the same strength level, trading would be allowed.

If, however, your group is stronger, you could have another option: "Let's settle this like reasonable people: We can trade by my terms, or I'll take your stuff with force."

Dunno how that might work out though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.