Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Jones
United Kingdom
Woodbridge
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived today in the UK. No customs or any other problems. Very nicely packed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information.
I hope Spain gets the expansion very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Davis
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I received my copy, too. Super excited.

How do you organize your box? What comes first - reference cards, agents, events, citizens, etc.?

Also, do you sleeve your cards? What sleeves work best? And do they fit in the box all sleeved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve all my cards (using coloured Ultra Pro standard sleeves) to make it easier to see what each card is since you can see a bit of a coloured border on the front of each card. They all fit in the base box, but I'm at max capacity now and you wouldn't be able to squeeze much more into the base box insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
I had sleeved the base game with Mayday standard sleeves but have recently started using the Swan ones for my games and replaced the base ones now F&F has arrived. As I went for the extra resources and have all the expansions the front well is now full with the overflow from the resource bays plus the cards I will no longer use (the starter knight and peasant cards as I will use the alternate arts ones).

With all the sleeves there is still enough space for one of the foam blocks although I have cut it in half to put half at the front and the rest at the back of the long card well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back from the weekend and saw a parcel from Tonga. I didn't see any other reference (including the KS page) to anything coming from Tonga instead of China.

Can anyone confirm if Tonga was in fact the origin from these packages?

Edit to add: meant to say a card saying I have a parcel. I have to go to the post office to pick it up, which is why I am trying to figure out if this is what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perrianne Lurie
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it came from Tonga yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plurie wrote:
Yes, it came from Tonga yesterday.

Thanks. I actually picked mine up from the USPS yesterday. It looks like it had been kicked in, and the guy at the counter said "Well you shouldn't get things from overseas, I am sure it was damaged there." And when I asked how we was sure, he gave me some song and dance about how they don't take care of packages well there.

This is of course the same post office that managed to kick in and actually BREAK a box that was coming from 10 miles away a few months ago.

The packaging by the folks in Tonga was amazing - had it not been for that, the interior box would have been completely destroyed. As it is, it's bent up pretty badly. I was going to keep the expansion boxes (because I am weird and do that), but I'll probably just toss it now and put the cards in the base game box. Certainly plenty of room.

But the guy at the counter was so quick to throw Tonga under the bus, as if he was personally insulted that I was getting goods from somewhere outside the US. And then he threatened to have me arrested if I tried to take a picture of the package so I could document the damage.

I've given up on my local USPS. Sadly I'm going to have to completely avoid getting packages from there, which means I am probably out of KSers for the near future unless I can be certain they'll use UPS or FedEx, which most won't.

Ugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.