Hide
4 Posts

4 Seasons» Forums » General

Subject: Some impressions of 4 Seasons version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach M
msg tools

4 Season released recently in Europe but there doesn't seem to be much information about it, so I thought I would write a little about it.

The cards are the roughly the same size as bridge cards, and feature really nice artwork of the 4 seasons depicted as faces.
They are basic cards and don't have a linen finish.

The 4 markers are shaped like leaves, plants, and flowers, and look quite nice.
However, they are made of transparent plastic with a thin layer of paint applied to one side to give it colour, and the paint chips off quite easily.
It would have been nicer if they were actually coloured pieces of plastic.

Comparing the rules to the translated ones for Dazzle posted here, they seem exactly the same, the only minor difference is it says to place the points cards in the middle face up vertically.

The translated rules don't specify which way to place the points cards, but every photo of Dazzle has them face down horizontally, and I think it looks better that way so they are distinct from the cards played face up as influence cards.

It's strange too, because the back of the cards look like they were designed for the markers to be placed in the center.
Anyway, you can play 4 Seasons that way if you wanted, so it doesn't really matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the image. Mine is one te way it should have been released in may but seems to have been delayed and there has not been much fanfare for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's kind of too bad that (again, after Khmer) they took a beautiful game and turned it into something so generic looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.