6 Posts

Sellswords: Olympus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tile Ability Clarification Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam P.
msg tools
mb
Nymph / Poseidon / Three Fates: Can the abilities of these tiles be applied to themselves? For example, can Nymph swap herself with a tile adjacent to her?

Hera / Muse / Spartan: Do the abilities of these tiles apply to newly placed enemy tiles before battling? For example, if I place Muse, and then my opponent places next to Muse (intending to flip her), do I get the bonus +2 before battling?

Chimera: Do you draw the top tile from the deck, as you would with Theseus?

Hermes: Tile says "row and column," but rulebook says "either row and column." I'm guessing "either" is a typo?

SCulptor: Not a question, but SCulptor's tile has a large C. Just an FYI.

(Edit: In addition, HERA is written entirely in large letters.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poseidon and Fates may move themselves. Nymph may not, as she is not adjacent to herself.

You get the bonus from tiles like Muse, as they are placed on the board before numbers are compared.

"either" is a typo.

Thanks for posting the issues! They will be fixed for the second print run if and when that happens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Sherrod
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Additional clarification question: is Theseus' ability intended to be the one printed on his tile (which is optional), or the one printed on the reference (which is continuous)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Continuous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Sherrod
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Asked on discord but having it here for future wonderers seems good. What happens if Midas (tiles adjacent to this one cannot be flipped by any means) is adjacent to Perseus (when any number of adjacent ally tiles would be flipped, flip this tile instead), and an allied tile adjacent to Perseus would be flipped? Does it flip as normal, or does nothing flip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In your example, Perseus cannot flip due to Midas' effect, so he would not be able to prevent the allied tile from being flipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.