4 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: shadow spaces, LOS and counter attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The question is regarding shadow spaces, LOS and counter attacks. I have read the manual but still feel I haven't got it 100%.
I know this has been dealt with before, but still I want to just cement my understanding.

A hero out of LOS and in shadow is completely ignored when determining where an enemy moves in all circumstances.

Hence if I attack an enemy and then get out of LOS and into Shadow = no counter attack from that enemy (or group of enemies). Is that correct?
In addition if I am out of LOS but NOT in a shadow zone they will attempt to do a counter attack against me and only me if I did the attack?

With the normal enemy activation, if I am in LOS and in shadow, they will attack me if I am the only target currently or have the highest Xp of available targets. Is that correct?

Finally and to simplify things, shadow zones are useful for a.) allowing you to use shadow abilities and for b.) when you are also out of LOS as there will be no counter attacks, and the hero is not factored into enemy movement during their activation unless the programmed enemy movement (them moving towards another enemy for example) causes the hero to come into LOS.

If that is correct is there an elegant way to explain that during a rules explanation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Duminil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All correct.

Dr Locrian wrote:
Is there an elegant way to explain that during a rules explanation?

I see it as:
* If you are in LoS, he sees you. (easy part)
* If you are out of LoS and in a Shadow Zone, he don't know where you are. (easy as well)
* If you are out of LoS but in a lit zone, he can see your projected shadow (or light variation) on the walls, thus knows in which direction you are. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you; very useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Locrian wrote:

If that is correct is there an elegant way to explain that during a rules explanation?

Cameras without night vision (at the time they did not had invented night vision yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.