Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Filed under the heading "Just what the hell is this man thinking"

Ok, so now statuary mainly erected to glorify Jim Crow laws and remind African Americans of their place under said laws and now "beautiful" and "will be greatly missed and never be able to be comparably replaced"

So if you voted for/supported Trump in the election the argument can be made that you were doing so our of economic concerns and a feeling that no one cared about you. That excuse just went bye-bye. People who support him after this either are bigots, or just do not care about the rights of fellow citizens who are not of the "correct" race, religion, sexual orientation/identity, which makes you equally bad.

And the GOP has to end their Faustian bargain that they are willing to trade their souls for a chance at Tax or Healthcare "reform". News flash, aside from the moral bankruptcy of this choice, what makes you think you can't get the same results from President Pence. Unless of course there is something about this message that resonates with them.

Seriously it is time to choose sides. And the shocking part is why it is so hard for some to choose correctly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
He's also ranting about the press and Lindsey Graham:

"Publicity seeking Lindsey Graham falsely stated that I said there is moral equivalency between the KKK, neo-Nazis & white supremacists.........and people like Ms. Heyer. Such a disgusting lie. He just can't forget his election trouncing.The people of South Carolina will remember!"

My favorite response to that:

"So let me get this straight: you are using the word disgusting to refer to Lindsay Graham's "lies", not White supremacists."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Now it just seems like he is trolling on purpose, but that gives him too much credit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chance that Trump ever heard of Longstreet? I say very little.

Kinda sad when the history to learn from was chosen by Lost Cause revisionists.

Also Stonewall Jackson? I like my heroes who don't get killed by friendly fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He does get a stopped clock award for 'never be comparably replaced.'

Mind you not how he intended it, but it is technically true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Now it just seems like he is trolling on purpose, but that gives him too much credit

My daughter has a term for what he is doing. He is playing a round of "Dance monkey dance" with the GOP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Time for another Trump Twitter Tantrum

That is to say, it's a day ending in "Y".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Colbert put it well (applies just as much to today's tweetstorm):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:

"Publicity seeking Lindsey Graham falsely stated that I said there is moral equivalency between the KKK, neo-Nazis & white supremacists.........and people like Ms. Heyer. Such a disgusting lie. He just can't forget his election trouncing.The people of South Carolina will remember!"

"So let me get this straight: you are using the word disgusting to refer to Lindsay Graham's "lies", not White supremacists."

What election trouncing is he referring to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

What election trouncing is he referring to?

I think he means Graham's presidential campaign in 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Colbert put it well (applies just as much to today's tweetstorm):

Today its bagpipes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
In Trump's defense, the man literally knows nothing about any topic other than himself (and even that is near complete delusion). He knows nothing about any aspect of the US government works and the entire history of the United States.

I think to him these are just names he has heard before and so Robert E. Lee effectively has the same standing as Thomas Jefferson. Besides the fact that Steve Bannon told him that Thomas Jefferson held slaves, I assure you, Trump knows nothing else about the man. They're just statues that have some connection to the United States probably and people close to him seem to care about them.

His equivalence of fascists and anti-fascists, also makes some sense. To be able to understand the fundamental moral difference between the two requires empathy of other human beings. If there is one thing Trump clearly lacks is empathy. So it makes sense to him that there is one side of an argument and another side, fair and balanced. The fact that he is deep down a racist motherfucker and narcissist means he sides with the pro-white folk who look like him and importantly, worship him.

So I guess it comes down to the fact that we elected an ignorant man-child narcissitic sociopath and from that point of view, his behavior makes complete sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
In Trump's defense, the man literally knows nothing about any topic other than himself

My mantra before he was president was that he literally didn't know how to be presidential or the president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Y'all being too harsh on him - He is a hero. He is saving the world from nuclear war!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
Y'all being too harsh on him - He is a hero. He is saving the world from nuclear war!

That's a low bar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tama
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be fine with the removal of all statues of slave owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
matthean wrote:
My mantra before he was president was that he literally didn't know how to be presidential or the president.

Except maybe president of Dictator Corp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
dkearns wrote:
In Trump's defense, the man literally knows nothing about any topic other than himself

And Bob Corker seems to agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Ok, so now statuary mainly erected to glorify Jim Crow laws and remind African Americans of their place under said laws and now "beautiful" and "will be greatly missed and never be able to be comparably replaced"

Seriously it is time to choose sides. And the shocking part is why it is so hard for some to choose correctly

I'm not going to choose a side that lies. There's no evidence that shows the Charlottesville statue was erected for the reasons you believe.

It was erected in a town decorated in confederate colors, draped with a confederate flag, while several confederate organizations looked on. That's pretty unAmerican.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
BEN SHAPIRO *masturbates furiously*

this is really almost universal to all his his posts these days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:

He's pretty selective in his sadness.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170130000241/http://artwatchinternational.org/articles/donalds-demolition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
red black wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

I'm not going to choose a side that lies. There's no evidence that shows the Charlottesville statue was erected for the reasons you believe.

I don't live in Canada. I live in Oklahoma. Family is from Arkansas. Yeah, they put it up so the niggers would understand that even though they lost the Civil War, whitey still runs things and you best stay in your place. Yep, exactly that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
crescent_gamer wrote:
Chance that Trump ever heard of Longstreet? I say very little.

I thought I was well-versed on Civil War history until I read that sentence. Was there some dark secret attached to Lee's Old Warhorse? From what I remember, Longstreet was one of few Confederate officers, probably the only general, who joined the Republican Party after the war. He had been friends with Grant, and from what I understand, was a fairly good guy, unlike Nathan Bedford Forrest, the originator of the Ku Klux Klan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
red black wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

There may not be proof, but there is evidence.

http://www.c-ville.com/paul-goodloe-mcintire-goodwill-men/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.