Subject: Okay What to do with Your Current Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Sleezer
United States
Dupont
Washington
flag msg tools
Yes I will more than likely get TI 4 but that now leaves the question what to do with TI 3 and it expansions?

Well first off you can use the planets discs and make a really big universe but you would probably need around 2-4 weeks to play the game.

You could sell it but with everyone getting TI 4 that might not be the best idea.

Decisions, Decisions

Between Fantasy Flight and Cool Mini or Not they are causing me to make these important decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Spencer
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Offer it to the God of Flame and Sorrow, that you might roll more nines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really liking what I've seen of TI4 so far, I think it's likely to completely replace TI3 for me.

But, I really love TI3, so I'm probably going to have to play TI4 at least 2 to 4 times before I can be confident on that.

Unfortunately at my current frequency of play, that'll probably take a few years.

So ... I have some time to decide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
I'm really liking what I've seen of TI4 so far, I think it's likely to completely replace TI3 for me.

But, I really love TI3, so I'm probably going to have to play TI4 at least 2 to 4 times before I can be confident on that.

Unfortunately at my current frequency of play, that'll probably take a few years.

So ... I have some time to decide!

LOL
Make that +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just keep it and continue enjoying it. Just like us (bitter) Runebound 2e vets...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
They can bury mine with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting TI4. I don't know what will happen with TI3. But I don't plan on getting rid of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantine G.
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:

Or even better in it ...??? XD

BTW I am not sure Earth's gravitational field is ready for the moving of so many TI3's boxes at the same time..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping mine. Lots of differences and unduplicated features.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Keeping mine as well. Lots of bits from "missing" variants which can be pretty easily incorporated into TI4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
Already got rid of mine. No room for 2 editions in my collection. And the sale pretty much paid for TI4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
percepter wrote:
Already got rid of mine. No room for 2 editions in my collection. And the sale pretty much paid for TI4.

No room?! NO ROOM?! Blasphemy There's ALWAYS room for Twilight Imperium!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
The Boilerman wrote:
You could just keep it and continue enjoying it. Just like us (bitter) Runebound 2e vets...

But 3e is truly great. The combat system is almost perfect. If only the tokens had some more weight to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
robbbbbb wrote:

You mean bury you in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try TI4 and see if it replaces TI3 for you. You may come to discover that you are set in your ways and that TI4 does not do it for you at which point you can stick to TI3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
msg tools
Keeping mine for now. Maybe try and sell it later on If I don't find a better use for it, and feel that I can live without it towering over me over at the shelf as it has been for many years!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flerik Flandeg
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping 3rd Edition stuff for sure. If I sold it I know I would regret it. A lot of sentimental attachment for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Kent
United States
flag msg tools
mb
The real question is what can you even get for it?

I mean, I'd trade my copy of TI3 + both expansions for $300 + shipping today. And two weeks ago with Shattered Empire going for $180 alone on Amazon you'd have called me mad! But today I probably wouldn't get a single taker.

There is no way I'm parting with my beloved copy of TI3 for $100 or less. No thank you sir... I said Good day! Might as well just hold onto it and maybe, just maybe mind you, 5 years down the road the price of all that permanently out of print magnificence will have shot up again once the shinyness of TI4 has worn off a little.

If not, no one can stop me from replaying the classic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukasaurus wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:

But 3e is truly great. The combat system is almost perfect. If only the tokens had some more weight to them.

Great enough to replace a very large, well-loved 2e collection? I think not.

Not all that glitters is gold. TI3 is so revered, I don't expect a new edition to be swallowed up by every owner. No matter how good it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukasaurus wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:

Okay, I've got to disagree. The combat system is about the worst thing about TI3. Waiting for two players with two destroyers to finish....

The combat system was neither tactical nor epic. It was just a load of dice rolling.

And apparently still is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a shrink wrapped copy of the 2nd expansion.

That I might sell.

The four times each box with expansions, variants, Risk 2210 figures for Ground Forces, etc.,

That I think I'll keep for birthday and holiday games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leifr wrote:
lukasaurus wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:

Okay, I've got to disagree. The combat system is about the worst thing about TI3. Waiting for two players with two destroyers to finish....

The combat system was neither tactical nor epic. It was just a load of dice rolling.

And apparently still is.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Runebound 3rd edition combat system......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
msg tools
I may pass mine on to my brother. He just bought 3e about a year ago and was waiting for them to reprint Shattered and Shards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping. Have to have the option for Ultimate Twilight Imperium:

1 Play TI3 Fall of the Empire Scenario
2 Play Twilight Imperium: Rex
3 Pkay TI4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.