Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Anyone that has gotten a review copy or has seen them somewhere I'd love to know what all of them do. So far we've only been able to see the ones in the FFG previews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools

This would be very nice indeed.

Wondering if the structures also get a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Sringoot wrote:
Wondering if the structures also get a card.

For what it's worth, we know the exact breakdown of each tactic deck, thanks to Jodo Cast review:
https://boardgamegeek.com/video/145668/star-wars-rebellion-r...
Starting at around 3:50, he shows every deck - you cannot see text, but name and unit with bonus is visible for each card.

For structures we have...

Bunker Shield:
- ground: Armored Position
- space: Energy Shield

Ion Cannon:
- space: Ion Blast (the reviewer mentioned somewhere on FFG boards that it's 2 red dice less rolled in space by Imperials, but he wasn't sure; I guess "prevent 2 red regular hits" would make sense)

Shield Generator:
- ground: Planetary Shield (shown and discussed elsewhere: remove some damage from ground units, then destroy generator)
- space: no card, but Imperials cannot use Bombardment bonus ability (deal 2 black damage IIRC), if generator is present

Golan's Turret:
- ground: Take Cover (same as Assault Tank's card, prevents regular hits: 2 black and 2 red)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools

Thanks for the link

You can actually figure out most of the cards that haven't been released.

Support from rogue squadron will be destroy one triangle unit, just like support from the 501st.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Hmm, who knows, but I wouldn't want to have too many cards with the same abilities - we already have "destroy 1 triangle unit" on 2 different cards (Rebel Troopers and Stormtroopers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards that I am most interested in are the x&y-wings
Those should have some kind of mitigating ability to use against the DS.

Maybe they have the card that lets them flip the battle order, or maybe extra blocks

Out of all the cards unknown they are the ones that would make me less anxious about the new combat system

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools
The Y wing was visible in the video : it does 2 red damage. Pherhaps the x wing is simply 2 black damage then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Y-Wing's tactic card is "Deal 2 red damage / Deal 1 red damage" (at 5:23 in video I linked above).

IIRC ability for flipping the resolution order was a secondary ability on Shield Generator ground card, so perhaps it will be the same for space deck: you won't even need to have any specific unit to play it.

And even if there's some very useful card requiring non-fighter unit to play it... I guess you have to bring it with you, or better yet, bring two of them in case DS is Fully Operational, haha.

It's a Trap card might be useful during attack on DS as well.

Or maybe the idea is that it's better to defend against Death Star than to attack it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foggy Leggy
msg tools
Based on what we've seen so far it seems to break down into:

-do black damage
-do red damage
-do damage
-do unit specific damage
-destroy a unit (outright)
-deploy an extra unit (u-wing space card)
-prevent hits (from dice)
-play an extra card
-prevent/cancel the enemy's card (now or next turn)
-enemy dice cannot be used for healing
-reverse attacker/defender resolution order

...and various effects that are situational/conditional such as...

-capture a leader
-kill a leader
-rescue a leader
-remove a target marker
-immediate retreat
-destroy a structure (AT-AT card)

...and I think (but am not 100% certain) that the rebel shield generator card allows you to soak up to 3 damage done to other units (the description in the dice tower review was a little blurry).

All in all, lots of cool stuff to consider especially as the decks start to whittle down.

I could be wrong but I think the expansion will promote more combat than before. The new units will add to the unit pool maximums, there's more cool things to do in combat giving more reason to engage in it (i.e. retrieving a leader) and little things like some of the new rebel objective cards seem to promote a slightly more combat heavy approach compared to the base game.

Also, since the advantage seems to have shifted slightly to the defender this means anyone who wants attack has to consider their force make-up a bit more. IMHO, this is a good thing as in the games I've played it's a bit too easy for the rebellion to start racking up combat objectives in the late game while making it a little harder for the empire to score a lucky military knockout too early.

Also, a rebel base with a shield generator and ion cannon (and Golan turret) in place will probably a monster to take down now given that a shield generator lets you recycle cards from the discard pile and the golan turret allows you to repeatedly prevent hits. Again, a good thing to me as it makes sure the Empire really needs to make sure he has the forces to succeed in any base attack.

Point of interest. The rebels do not have a ground tactics card that can simply cancel the imperial tactics card except the one that is conditional upon retreating as well (Escape Plan-transport). That means that during an imperial assault (snicker) on the base there's no way to keep the imperials from destroying at least one structure outright if they have an AT-AT present and still have the related card in their hand.

May want to build either a second generator or keep the at-at from arriving at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.