Popular Tags: [View All]
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tale of Sodom, the Ninth and Tenth hunt.

A combination of conflicting job schedules and ill-timed vacations had kept our regular Kingdome Death group away from the table for over a month, so we were quite eager to finally get back to hunting monsters. Feeling confident, we decided to go for the first Phoenix of this campaign. The aim was to get some nice gear in the future.

Except, the game had other plans…

One of the hunt events moved the Phoenix further away, beyond the overwhelming darkness. The journey through the dark stripped two survivors of all their survival. Once beyond the darkness, we found a baby and a sword, which forced us to encounter the Harvester.

In other words, spend survival or die, and we had two survivor with no survival left.

So me and my brother had to take on the Phoenix on our own.
We obviously didn’t stand a chance, the Phoenix finished us off in four rounds. To be honest, I’m not entirely sure we would’ve made it through this fight even with four survivors. The Phoenix was a lot tougher than I remembered from our first campaign.

Then again, we sort of drew all the worst cards right away. I’m looking at you “The Difference Between Us”...

So anyway, our first Total Party Kill ever. I guess we should celebrate, or something. The only light in the darkness was me not playing Kerry, so I didn’t lose my main character at least.

Back at the settlement we had eight endeavours to go through. Combined with the child we had found, we were able to get our settlement back to fifteen members again. There was also time for some Round Stone Training, trying out our new innovation.

With that behind us, we went after a White Lion, hoping to avenge ourselves of the crushing defeat.

The hunt events were smoother this time, apart from me getting heavily injured in the torso. Also, we got a really nice set of terrain cards, with extra grass and a stone head for our archer. More cover and extra range, what could possibly go wrong?

The Lion.

The Lion can go really, really wrong.

It quickly isolated Fredrik, tearing him apart with one nasty attack after the other. My brother, our designated tank, could only stand and watch in horror. A few critical hits almost saved Fredrik’s (new) survivor, but the lion eventually tore his head of.

The remaining survivors were finally able to take the beast out after this, and now it was time for our reward for suffering through all this carnage. First of, my survivor got his second hunt experience improvement, and reached Expertise with the dagger.

Back in Sodom, an event gave us the chance to breed Children of the Sun. With our possessed and emotionless love-guru Jason around, we set out to do this immediately. The result was Ted, a brat of a kid who is more powerful than any survivor still standing in our little settlement.

New plan: Get the Sauna and Family innovation and breed like crazy, our old survivors are suddenly looking at retirement!

Final words:
Without a doubt, this is the harshest beating Kingdom Death has ever given us (Fredrik, the owner of the game, might’ve seen worse before) but I guess we needed a reminder of what the game can do. The payoff was nice though, so I guess we’ll call it great drama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. Though go.

The narrative this must have created would have been fantastic.

Just on your little description, I had such an intense mental image of the scenes.

Good luck in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.