Popular Tags: [View All]
Maricel Edwards
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hullo!

Pardon my obtuseness, but when the solo rules say to use the 2-player setup, does that mean I should set it up for 2 players then play solo? Or does it mean I set it up for 2 players and play both turns (mine and the other ghost player)?

Also, a general rule question about the game: does "adjacent" mean all the sides, long and short? So, for example, I play a large desert tile next to an existing small desert tile and large desert tile (all with no features), does that mean I get 1 tile or 2? What if the existing desert tiles both have features and I play a featureless tile next to both? Do I get 4 tiles back then?

Thank you in advance for your help; it's a fun game but I think I'm making it needlessly complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As for your first question, I think it means set up the central city tiles as per the two player setup. You only place the meeples needed for yourself. Every turn you take three coins out of the pool and when it runs out its game over. So you score as many points as you can in that time.

Adjacent means next to all tiles, however small the contact between them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mtsedwards wrote:

Also, a general rule question about the game: does "adjacent" mean all the sides, long and short? So, for example, I play a large desert tile next to an existing small desert tile and large desert tile (all with no features), does that mean I get 1 tile or 2? What if the existing desert tiles both have features and I play a featureless tile next to both? Do I get 4 tiles back then?

Thank you in advance for your help; it's a fun game but I think I'm making it needlessly complicated.

Tiles are adjacent if they have touching sides, long or short. In your first scenario, you would get two tiles. In the second, you still get only two tiles; the newly placed tile and the adjacent tile must have the same feature to earn the feature bonus.

Note, too, that the bonuses for matching features and matching landscapes are counted separately. If you placed a desert tile next to two other desert tiles and all three had water, for instance, you would get six tiles: two for the landscape matches and four for the feature matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricel Edwards
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omigosh, you guys! No wonder this game was kicking my butt! Thanks for explaining, and thanks especially to Eric because this is a game changer!

ericamick2 wrote:
Note, too, that the bonuses for matching features and matching landscapes are counted separately. If you placed a desert tile next to two other desert tiles and all three had water, for instance, you would get six tiles: two for the landscape matches and four for the feature matches.

Now I have to scrap my current game for the FOURTH time and try again.

Btw, I'm assuming the above explanation is valid for the censor too? That is, I'd get 6 coins for the aforementioned scenario if I moved the censor rather than the legion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mtsedwards wrote:
Omigosh, you guys! No wonder this game was kicking my butt! Thanks for explaining, and thanks especially to Eric because this is a game changer!

ericamick2 wrote:

Now I have to scrap my current game for the FOURTH time and try again.

Btw, I'm assuming the above explanation is valid for the censor too? That is, I'd get 6 coins for the aforementioned scenario if I moved the censor rather than the legion?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.