Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally a Defending army cannot be attacked twice in the same action round. However, Flank Attacks allow two attacking units to attack a defending unit and thus Fire first if the Flank attack is successful. I haven't played PoG in years so my skills are rusty.

1) if the Flank attack is successful, do both attacking units attack in turn, both rolling before the defender?

2) what happens if the Flank attack fails? Does the attacker simply attack with only one army?

3) if the Flank attack is successful, the defender fires back at only one attacker, correct, not both?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate, to answer your questions:

1. All attacking units participating in a Combat add their Combat Factors(CFs) together to calculate the total Combat Strength for the attacker (Rule 12.1.2).

2. If the the Flank Attack Attempt fails, the defender goes to the Resolve Combat step before the attacker, including the infliction of losses on the attacker (i.e., all the attacker's units as a group). The attacker’s Combat strength is reduced by any losses he incurs before he rolls for offensive fire Rule (21.4c).

If the Loss Number is equal to or greater than the smallest Loss Factor (LF) among the units taking fire, then the units taking fire must absorb all the damage indicated by Loss Number. The unit with the smallest LF must be the first unit to absorb damage, and must try to absorb the entire LN. If that unit is destroyed or permanently eliminated, the next unit with the smallest LF must try to absorb the entire LN. If there is more than one unit with the same LF, the player whose units are taking fire decides which of those units will absorb damage first (Rule 12.6.2).

3. If the Flank Attack Attempt succeeds, the attacker goes to the Resolve Combat step before the defender, including the infliction of losses on the defender i.e., all the defender's units as a group). The defender’s Combat Strength is reduced by any losses he incurs before he rolls for defensive fire (Rule 21.4b).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.