Hide
10 Posts

Tetrarchia» Forums » General

Subject: For potential North American customers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dust Path
msg tools
Wouldn't it be nice if a company in N. America could produce this game, e.g print & play or any other similar indie game company, through a deal with the designer?

I am sure there are many people who are reluctant to order for now shipping cost is too high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your interest! But do you really find 9.95€ too much for shipping worldwide from Europe?

I had heard complains from local buyers (Spain and neighbors), that have to pay the same shipping plus 21% VAT for a game produced close by, but I had always thought that the real deal was for far away customers (USA, Japan...), that in fact I think are the most frequent buyers.

Also take into account that the less than 10€ are per order, so having several games shipped from across the ocean for that price is cheap in my book (I mean, when I buy games from the US I pay shipping way much more than that).

And finally, it includes implicitly also the business model, since nestorgames keep alive a catalog of many small games because they print on demand, something very few people do nowadays (or at least for such a small additional cost). So I doubt any other company in the US could produce Tetrarchia (or any other game in their catalog) for a significantly smaller overall price.

My suggestion: if you find 10€ too much, then try to order several games by browsing over their catalog, or find other users in your area that would like a copy of Tetrarchia as well. That's what I do myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Indeed a flat fee of 10 EUR for shipping, no matter how many games you buy, seems like a good deal to me. You can probably find some other games you'd enjoy. I always buy several games in an order.

(This might help: Nestorgames explored by russ)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The others have said as much, but I'll add that 11 US dollars is not much higher than typical American based small publishers' shipping costs for a single game and lower than most US based publishers' fees for shipping multiple games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping price is reasonable. Also I have enjoyed every game I have purchased for this company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevenson
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To save everyone some time: https://nestorgames.com/#tetrarchia_detail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

And note that in the present gaming landscape dominated by KS one-shot projects and publishers that must renew catalogs endlessly and push recent games to out-of-stock, nestorgames beats them all with their always-available game catalog.

You will always be able to buy Tetrarchia!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
Thanks!

And note that in the present gaming landscape dominated by KS one-shot projects and publishers that must renew catalogs endlessly and push recent games to out-of-stock, nestorgames beats them all with their always-available game catalog.

Well, some games have been pulled out of the catalog in the past (Mole Hill, Battle For Olympus, Abeja Reina, Aztec Market, Mecca, Zyrcan).

Also I will eventually pass away some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nestorgames wrote:
franchi wrote:
I will eventually pass away some day.

Well, you're younger than me, so you shouldn't before I no longer care...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
nestorgames wrote:
Also I will eventually pass away some day.

Maybe the Singularity will come in time and we'll all live forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.