Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
I'm figuring it out
mbmbmbmbmb
How much does turn order make a difference? It seems to me, if I'm a human player, I would want to be later in turn order. I have an idea where everyone is and then I can make a move. If I'm forced to say my position, and an alien player is next in order, well, it seems like its pretty easy for them to go right to my position and then kill me.

Has anyone tried playing a round where everyone simultaneously moves, and then each person, in order goes through declaring their sectors and/or silence. Also, turn order should move each round so people aren't always first/last to go. Just some initial thoughts.

(I realize people can bluff their locations from time to time, but eventually, as an alien, you can follow them and then kill them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am

Albuquerque
New Mexico
msg tools
mb
Scozar52 wrote:
Has anyone tried playing a round where everyone simultaneously moves, and then each person, in order goes through declaring their sectors and/or silence. Also, turn order should move each round so people aren't always first/last to go. Just some initial thoughts.
I thought that's the basic rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa Ragione
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, players move only when it's their turn (meaning they are in the last sector they moved to until it's their turn again. But the advantage mention in OP is only true for the very first round, because after that there is no concept of "round" per se, as every player just plays after the other.

The hypothetical advantage is mitigated by separating the starting sectors of the two teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
I'm figuring it out
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. That makes sense. So it doesn't really matter too much. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls