Hassan Lopez
United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple questions about this major power (from the expansion).

Target any land within 1 of a Sands where you have presence.
Destroy all Explorers.
Add 1 Wilds.
Add 1 Wilds in the originating Sands.
1 Damage per Wilds in/adjacent to target land.
IF YOU HAVE (2 Fire/3 Plant):
+1 Damage per Wilds in/adjacent to target land.

1. Can I target the "original" Sands (where I have presence) and add 2 Wilds tokens to that same land?
2. I'm not perfectly certain I understand how the damage works. At first I thought the damage applies both to the target land, as well as to all lands adjacent to the Sands. But then I remembered the rulebook General Principle "One Land!", so perhaps this power means that the damage ONLY applies to the target land - but it is modified +1 for every Wilds token both in the target lands and in all adjacent lands. Which of these is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Vessenes
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can target the source sands. In this case, you will Add 1 Wilds (in target sands). And then Add 1 Wilds (in the originating sands). Then in the target land you'll do 1 damage per wilds in/adjacent. If you hit the threshold, it will do a total of 2 damage per wilds in/adjacent.

The damage always counts total wilds in/adjacent to the target land, not the source land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
severian73 wrote:
1. Can I target the "original" Sands (where I have presence) and add 2 Wilds tokens to that same land?
2. I'm not perfectly certain I understand how the damage works. At first I thought the damage applies both to the target land, as well as to all lands adjacent to the Sands. But then I remembered the rulebook General Principle "One Land!", so perhaps this power means that the damage ONLY applies to the target land - but it is modified +1 for every Wilds token both in the target lands and in all adjacent lands. Which of these is correct?

Ted's mostly answered this, but just to be extra-clear:

1. Yes!
2. The latter is correct; the Power does damage only in the target land. The amount of damage done looks at things in adjacent lands. (Like, eg, The Land Thrashes in Furious Pain in the core game, which does similarly for Blight.)

Edit: FAQ added for question #1. If question #2 comes up again I'll also add it (as its own FAQ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note on the second point: Powers always have a single "target", but can sometimes have effects outside that target (like Tsunami). If this happens it will be clearly indicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
dthurston wrote:
Just a note on the second point: Powers always have a single "target"...

Almost strictly true. (Fire and Flood targets two separate lands.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hassan Lopez
United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys. Great game, Eric!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.