Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Jemmerson
United Kingdom
Sacriston
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, anyone in the Durham area up for a gaming afternoon on a Sunday once or twice a month? If you are interested private message me. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gough
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sunday gaming
Suggest you add Durham to the subject!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lee, we of the Durham Wargames Group (boardgames section ) meet once a month on (usually) the first Sunday of the month for a whole day of boardgaming. We meet at Vane Tempest Hall in Gilesgate starting at around 10 am. You would be most welcome to come along and try us! (For the record we also meet on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from around 19.00 until we all have fallen asleep! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry K
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Charlie. Where can I find more info about your group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sinispityokamptis wrote:
Hi Charlie. Where can I find more info about your group?

Depends on what you want to know!

The Durham Wargames Group (DWG) is a long-established (45+ years) wargaming club that for the last 40+ years has met in the Gilesgate Community Centre - Vane Tempest Hall - and (currently) rents 4 rooms on a 24/7 basis there. The membership is currently ~ 45.
We are a sub-group (~ 10/12) within the DWG. Don't be put off by the thought of pushing metal (or plastic) across a table - unless you want to - as we are boardgamers, most of us exclusively and a few of us who do have figures/models to use in a 'traditional' wargame.
The DWG 'club night' is Thursday but members can use the tables at any time (subject to adhering to the rules of the Group, which are not very onerous and really just codify what might be considered sociable behaviour).
We boardgamers meet on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from ~19.00 and go on until we fall off our perches. On the first Sunday of the month we meet at ~10.00 with the aim of playing a longer game that would not be completed in an evening.

The group website is www.durhamwargames.co.uk.

I hope that that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.