Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this a good 2 player co-op game for my wife and myself? We both like the Camelot theme and know there is a variant for 2 players, but have seen mixed reviews as to whether this is fun and has good replay ability.

I am looking for a co op with this theme that plays less than 90 minutes and is fun, and this seems to fit. If you comment and do not think this is a good fit do you have any suggestions as to what could one?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is better with 4 or more players and the Traitor rules. I don't know about the 2-player variant, but if it doesn't accommodate the possibility that one of you is the Traitor, it can be a rather dry co-op.

There are other coops that play well with two that I would recommend for over this game.

Pandemic: The Cure

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu

Neither has a Traitor mechanism, but I think they're more interesting. Shadows Over Camelot may be better than the other two for 4+ players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthew,

I'll take the other side of the conversation and disagree with Bill and let you know that I've engaged SoC as a 2-4 player game without the Traitor, as well as solo games using four Knights (obviously without the Traitor) and I absolutely love it. I have a win rate after 25+ games of 60% so it's always intense.

Now, I'll agree with Bill that SoC is a better experience with the Trsitir, but without it, I wouldn't call it "dry" by any stretch.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I will have to check out the Cthulhu Pandemic game. I have seen reviews and a run through on normal Pandemic and felt it too generic of a theme for me. I like to fight tangible monsters, knights etc..

Any King Arthur games out there you recommend for 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it's the 50/50 responses that have me worried. Anywhere I look it seems fairly split on if 2 player works well or not. I love the theme, and it appears to be well on display here. I really would like a Camelot theme on a 2 player game that plays at a fair length, but not a marathon.

Thanks for your take!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
Thanks for the response. I will have to check out the Cthulhu Pandemic game. I have seen reviews and a run through on normal Pandemic and felt it too generic of a theme for me. I like to fight tangible monsters, knights etc..

I'm not familiar with any, Matthew, but there may be some out there.

If you like jousting tournaments and stuff, you can consider Ivanhoe. I have it, and it reportedly plays with 2-5, but I think it's really 3-5w and not one of my favorite card games (despite being designed by my favorite designer, Reiner Knizia).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:

Albion's Legacy has the Arthurian theme and supports two players (each player players two characters), but there have been some mixed responses on it. Some of those might have been based upon the 1st edition, which sounds like the rulebook was confusing. I have the 2nd edition, and it seems to be fairly clear. We have only played about 4 games of it, though, and I can't remember the length. It might be 90-120 minutes, but I can't remember for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.