Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend won a copy of Rising Sun at Gen-Con and look who signed it for him!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty amazing as the game won't see retail release until mid 2018 or so. Congrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D A
United States
Flemingsburg
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Another dude that won a copy already has it on Craigslist - Indianapolis -
Board games for $350.

Dolla Dolla Bills y'all.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think 1st signed copy would fetch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwagner wrote:

Probably not as much as the entertainment value of actually playing it.

If people don't want the actual prize, why compete? Leave it to people who do want it, instead of just being money hungry and throwing it on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To imagine I'm just going to part my copy out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwagner wrote:

Well someone on eBay is asking usd 1000 and that person has got two copies (don't think they are signed though) ???
Just love the way cmon slap there loyal kickstarter backers every time (yes I know you don't get all the exclusives etc, (before someone gets their high horse)) and love the way some people are now just using this fine hobby as a way to make a quick buck (sad really) (there's a copy of Dracula game by ffg on amazon for a mere GBP700 )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoša Vizovišek
Slovenia
Žalec
Savinjska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Trence wrote:
jeffwagner wrote:

If people don't want the actual prize, why compete? Leave it to people who do want it, instead of just being money hungry and throwing it on ebay.

Oh, you dear, sweet, innocent child.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Lol that's so sad.

To get rid of those losers the prize should be the right to buy it for $500

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skywide wrote:
Trence wrote:
jeffwagner wrote:

Not innocent, just annoyed. Such greed I find disgusting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vehementi wrote:
Lol that's so sad.

Nah, just add a caveat that these games are not for resale, until at least after retail availability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my most anticipated game, but if I somehow got my hands on a copy right now and someone offered me $500 for it I'd probably take it. I'm getting my copy next year anyway, and I could do a lot with that $500 in the mean time. Being pragmatic is not being greedy.

Trence wrote:
Vehementi wrote:
Lol that's so sad.

Nah, just add a caveat that these games are not for resale, until at least after retail availability.

Ya, cause that would stop people selling it second hand...

Either way,someone is ending up with an early copy and being super happy about it. I already have my copy backed and reserved so it doesn't affect me at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trence wrote:
skywide wrote:
Trence wrote:
jeffwagner wrote:

Not innocent, just annoyed. Such greed I find disgusting.

Whats greedy about it?
Its a matter of priorities, obviously the guy need the money more than the game. you having different ones doesnt give you the moral high ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoša Vizovišek
Slovenia
Žalec
Savinjska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Reading the comments reminded me of this picture:

In both cases, you have someone taking an autographed item that they got almost for free and selling it later for ridicolous amount online(although, in case of Rising Sun, the value also comes from being available before retail release). It sucks because it shows that the seller didn't really care about the item but more about the money. That said, not much can be done about it, item was given to them and is theirs to do with as they please.
In the end, CMON got some more hype and games will end up with someone who appreciates them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, just to throw a never judge a book by its cover in all of this...

I had the one on the marketplace. The only. Reason I was selling one at all is because both my son and I won a copy. I opened mine immediately. Played it with my group 5 times already while we are still here at gencon. I got it signed too. I am also an all in Kickstarter pledge for rising sun. (actually. Except for metal coins. I already have some) I refused to put it on ebay as I hate the $1000 bs like that's up there now. I think it's disgusting. I wanted someone who actually wanted to play it to get it and not someone who wanted to turn around and sell it.

I ended up selling my second copy while waiting to get mine signed to a very nice guy who was also waiting in line for other stuff. He was extremely happy to buy it for $300, opened it immediately and got it signed and came to play it with us. It helped us out a bit for gen con funds and now his group gets to play it for six months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ellindar wrote:

I had the one on the marketplace. The only. Reason I was selling one at all is because both my son and I won a copy. I opened mine immediately. Played it with my group 5 times already while we are still here at gencon. I got it signed too. I am also an all in Kickstarter pledge for rising sun. (actually. Except for metal coins. I already have some) I refused to put it on ebay as I hate the $1000 bs like that's up there now. I think it's disgusting. I wanted someone who actually wanted to play it to get it and not someone who wanted to turn around and sell it.

I ended up selling my second copy while waiting to get mine signed to a very nice guy who was also waiting in line for other stuff. He was extremely happy to buy it for $300, opened it immediately and got it signed and came to play it with us. It helped us out a bit for gen con funds and now his group gets to play it for six months.

See, this backfired. Now we all hate you because you (and your son) won two copies.

(This post is not meant to be taken seriously.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oneiric wrote:
ellindar wrote:

See, this backfired. Now we all hate you because you (and your son) won two copies.

(This post is not meant to be taken seriously.)

Lol! I knew that would be coming that said it was just a raffle I had no hand in it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoša Vizovišek
Slovenia
Žalec
Savinjska
flag msg tools
mbmb
ellindar wrote:
Reason I was selling one at all is because both my son and I won a copy.

And some guy in another thread said that he won 3 copies. How is that possible? How was the contest conducted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a straight up lie. One per person per ticket. He probably bought his two friends tickets they all played but he took their copies.

Cmon ran it very classy. These were just the first 42 they had. They were for the charity event only and was supposed to be one only per person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skywide wrote:
ellindar wrote:
Reason I was selling one at all is because both my son and I won a copy.

And some guy in another thread said that he won 3 copies. How is that possible? How was the contest conducted?

ellindar wrote:
That said it was just a raffle I had no hand in it

If it was just a normal raffle they probably bought multiple tickets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't a raffle you bought tickets for. It was a charity event that you had to buy a $50 event ticket to get into and that's the only ticket that gets entered into the raffle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ellindar wrote:

I am so glad to hear that there are still "normal" people who won copies at the charity event. If you still have your own copy, could you let us know about the season cards from the three season card sets that come with the core box? I started a list based on pictures from the charity event here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26682765#26682765

Apart from one summer season card (Path of ...), one season set is already complete. If you could provide information on the other two season sets, that would be super awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, will do, driving home now. We'll get to it in the next couple days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buhr
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
jeffwagner wrote:

Well someone on eBay is asking usd 1000 and that person has got two copies (don't think they are signed though) ???
Just love the way cmon slap there loyal kickstarter backers every time (yes I know you don't get all the exclusives etc, (before someone gets their high horse)) and love the way some people are now just using this fine hobby as a way to make a quick buck (sad really) (there's a copy of Dracula game by ffg on amazon for a mere GBP700 )

"Just love the way cmon slap there loyal kickstarter backers every time"

CMON gave this out as a random prize to the people who participated in a charity fund raiser. I'm not sure how CMON raising money for a charity is slapping their backers in the face. I participated in the charity and was not lucky enough to win a copy, but it was a great event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought it was cool he won a copy and was the first to get it signed.

He is not planning on selling or trying to profit from it in any way.

It was interesting to watch where this thread went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.