Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PLEASE post a quick session report or first impression if you got a chance to demo this at GenCon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hear, hear, I would really like to read how this plays too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Replay had a short video on their impressions, I thought it was pretty good info.

https://youtu.be/nIVzQxZ4jrc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amen!! It's crazy we haven't heard ANYTHING
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh!!

Someone post something that ISNT. A. VIDEO.

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to step in and take over this board game 'journalism' scene. Enough with the dang talking head videos someone just write something. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sixthecat wrote:
Hear, hear, I would really like to read how this plays too.

Yes. Me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps after GenCon people will start taking the time to sit down and really write down some thoughts. I know I wouldn't be wasting much time doing it while I was still there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
Ugh!!

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to step in and take over this board game 'journalism' scene. Enough with the dang talking head videos someone just write something. lol

I agree that there should be more writing in games journalism. However, shooting raw, unscripted video on location is much faster to produce than well written forum/blog posts, so I'm not sure why video is a bad thing in this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
CasualToast wrote:
Ugh!!

I agree that there should be more writing in games journalism. However, shooting raw, unscripted video on location is much faster to produce than well written forum/blog posts, so I'm not sure why video is a bad thing in this scenario.

It's not, I'm just having hyperbolic reaction to something that has slowly driven me insane. :-) most the time in this industry the opposite is true-- sitting down and writing something would be faster than the forty minutes of rambling video that's instead produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
jmathias wrote:
CasualToast wrote:
Ugh!!

It's not, I'm just having hyperbolic reaction to something that has slowly driven me insane. :-) most the time in this industry the opposite is true-- sitting down and writing something would be faster than the forty minutes of rambling video that's instead produced.

Fair enough, and agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
jmathias wrote:
CasualToast wrote:
Ugh!!

Though often people beg for a video instead of written impressions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a video up now.
Its interesting.
This is an auto-preorder for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:
There's a video up now.
Its interesting.

Where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon D
msg tools
MentatYP wrote:
N0mE wrote:
There's a video up now.
Its interesting.

Where?

I'm not sure if it's the same one Vadim was talking about but I did find this on the YouTubes and tried to upload to the "videos" section - enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5oJdrSofE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sudo007 wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
N0mE wrote:
There's a video up now.
Its interesting.

Where?

I'm not sure if it's the same one Vadim was talking about but I did find this on the YouTubes and tried to upload to the "videos" section - enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5oJdrSofE

Thanks for this. It really helps to understand better how the game works.

I did not notice with the previous pics I could see that each tile is divided in several sub-sectors with what seem to be their own characteristics and potential for encounters. I like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I demoed it this morning. We played through 3 rounds of the game. On your turn you take 2 actions: move, combat, search (I may be forgetting something). Each player had a unique character with different abilities: super mutant, ghoul, Brotherhood of the Steel and a normal human. Each player also had secret objectives. The goal of the game is to complete the objectives which earn you VP. Player with the most VP at the end of the game wins.

I really enjoyed the game (well the small part of the game I experienced). I liked the XP system, the quests and the combat dice. I am a huge fan of the video game and I thought the board game was very thematic. The only thing missing was playing soundtrack from the game.

I was told the game will include scenarios from Fallout 3 and 4 and was due to release in Q4.

I hope that answers some questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ashley!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashley you're awesome. Were most of the objectives combat focused or were there other things to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure on the ratio. I had an objective card that required me to gain 3 companions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
townsean wrote:
I'm not sure on the ratio. I had an objective card that required me to gain 3 companions.

My husband had an objective to acquire 16 bottle caps. A friend of ours had an objective related to the Institute

You gain more objectives as the game progresses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Huzzah!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No video, but I will say...Fallout is doing something really fantastic. The combat is neat (nothing ground breaking), but it's the way they're handling quests, exploration, and story. I am super excited for this one. And considering they are playing coy to expansions, I'm sure we'll see a few new missions later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a soft spot for adventure games and this has been a great year for them (Gloom of Kilforth, Nemo's War, now this).

Now we need a remake of The Witcher with this system and I'll be all set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this really does focus on quests exploration and stories over combat then I am all in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the stories only branch in a deterministic manner based on choice or is there some kind of randomization? For instance if I come across a particular mission/encounter in multiple plays will the choices and corresponding outcomes always be the same? I'm concerned that one could memorize (not necessarily on purpose) scenarios and be able to optimize based on memorized outcomes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.