Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Captain Sonar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you pass through a space with your own mine while using silence? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Funke
msg tools
The rulebook says about mines “and a submarine cannot move into a space with its own mine”

It says about silence that a ship can move “without crossing an island or his own route.”

My guess would be that passing through your mine is violating the intent of the rules. However, a pedantic reading of the wording of the rules (I'm a lot of fun at parties) could be interpreted to indicate that it's allowed. If you're using silence, you're not quite moving into the space, as much as you're briefly passing through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
majorb42 wrote:
The rulebook says about mines “and a submarine cannot move into a space with its own mine”

It says about silence that a ship can move “without crossing an island or his own route.”

My guess would be that passing through your mine is violating the intent of the rules. However, a pedantic reading of the wording of the rules (I'm a lot of fun at parties) could be interpreted to indicate that it's allowed. If you're using silence, you're not quite moving into the space, as much as you're briefly passing through it.

It seems the mine rule would control. "and a submarine cannot move into a space with its own mine."

Isn't that the end of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't silently move through a mine just like you can't silently move through an island. You can silently hold still, which can be tricky and still requires crossing off a damage in a direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
Kayvon wrote:
You can't silently move through a mine just like you can't silently move through an island. You can silently hold still, which can be tricky and still requires crossing off a damage in a direction.

Moving 0 spaces with silence does not allow the engineer or first mate to mark anything:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1660099/summary-english-rul...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.