Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ferengi Expansion system tile Vlugta Asteroid Field shows three seperate asteroids, each with one possible Resource Node. I seem to recall something being mentioned about it on the GF9 site, but I can't find anything now reviewing the Ferengi Preview there.

Does each tiny "world" need to be taken over separately, or can they all be dominated (hegemonized, invaded, colonized) separately?

(I'd say separately, but no rule is included for it in the expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is one system so treat it like any other planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Todd,

Thanks for the quick answer. I see now that while each perspective Resource Node space has the crosshairs symbol inside a circle outlined on the tile, as other planetary systems, the Vlugta Asteroid Field system has only one triangular Control Node outline. Therefore you are right. This is also true for Straleb Madena, shown as a two plant system.

If they wanted it otherwise on a future tile, I'd expect to see more than one triangular Control Node outline, although hopefully they would also note this in the new expansion rules.

I just had a cancellation this morning, so my first game will only be a four player. Wish you were here! But you're at GenCon, so have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fancy Re: Taking Over The Vlugta Asteroid Field: One world or three?
I had a great time playing Ascendancy against the Borg. The Cardassians were assimilated early but the Klingons had some success against them mid game aided by one of my Federation battle groups. I pulled out a win with five ascendancy a few turns later. We started with extra resources and used simultaneous bulld phases so we were done in two and a half hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at my thread here Second Expansion Game you'll see me taking over the Vlugta Asteroid Field as the Cardassians, and ramping it up to eight Production per turn with the Overseer Fleet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.