John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how about her:

- #7 Tinkered Bolo (A/AB)...do you roll this die to use, or place it (like in "active") with the side up you choose?

- #5 Combat Proficiency (A/AB)...looks like you roll, then have to accept the result (face of the die) and can place this in "active"...if so, it only remains for the turn, or the battle?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Sua
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#7 you roll this one and place it on the baddie.

#5 you roll it and place it in your active slot

the symbols say A/AB because they are the same except the + or - symbol. So the negative you would place on the baddie (AB) and the positive you place in your Active slot (A)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killblue2 wrote:

the symbols say A/AB because they are the same except the + or - symbol. So the negative you would place on the baddie (AB) and the positive you place in your Active slot (A)
thanks...i don't have the ref sheet in front of me, but how would i have know that #7 gets placed "on" the baddie (instead of somewhere else)?

thanks again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
killblue2 wrote:

thanks...i don't have the ref sheet in front of me, but how would i have know that #7 gets placed "on" the baddie (instead of somewhere else)?

thanks again...

Common sense.

Tinkered Bolo has these sides:
bones
-1 movement
-1 attack
-2 attack
-2 defense

Lets assume you rolled it against a baddie and got -2 attack. How will you remember that that baddie has -2 attack for the rest of the encounter? By placing the #7 die on the baddie.

If you were to place the die somewhere else, you'd have to remember which baddie it affects and that would be weird...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i just assumed that if it was a "-" you'd know to apply it to a baddie, a "+" apply it to you (or an ally)...but putting the "-" on the baddie def makes sense (and makes it easier to keep track of)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Siegel
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
Also keep in mind that you don't have to accept the result if you don't want to. Unless stated otherwise, you can choose to not use a skill die after you roll it.

So for example if you roll the -1 movement you could choose to put it back on your skill mat to try again another round instead of using it and losing access to the die for the rest of the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Peiper
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Jekkum wrote:
Also keep in mind that you don't have to accept the result if you don't want to. Unless stated otherwise, you can choose to not use a skill die after you roll it.

So for example if you roll the -1 movement you could choose to put it back on your skill mat to try again another round instead of using it and losing access to the die for the rest of the battle.

Thank you! I was just about to ask this question. Where did you find this rule at?
I assume its :

Attack die MUST be applied to target (you can't apply only some or none against like a break opponent)

Anything going into an ACTIVE or LOCKED slot (or Active Baddie "slot") is optional if you apply it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
rpeiper wrote:
Jekkum wrote:

Thank you! I was just about to ask this question. Where did you find this rule at?
I assume its :

Attack die MUST be applied to target (you can't apply only some or none against like a break opponent)

Anything going into an ACTIVE or LOCKED slot (or Active Baddie "slot") is optional if you apply it or not.

It applies to Atk/Def Dice as well.

From the 2nd edition rulebook on the CTG website, on page 19:

"Note: As a Gearloc, you do not need to use the result of any dice you roll unless the Profession or rolled dice icon rules state otherwise. For instance, if you roll Atk Dice successfully and then realize you are attacking a Dire Wolf with Lashback and don't want to hit it yet, you do not need to use your result. Or, if you roll a Med Pack (Patches) Skill Die and the result is a 1HP heal instead of 3HP, you can choose not to heal and place that Skill Die back in its slot on your Gearloc Mat (Dex is still counted for the roll)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.