Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
M27 - The DumbBell Nebula - Photographed 10/15/2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question. Maybe I missed it, did a quick search and didn't see what I am looking for. Anyway ... When setting up the Nexuses and you are placing the random gifts. Do you use alpha gifts also or are they just for setting up the Saints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you use all the cards in the gift category. The extra icons on the gifts (like Alpha or Enhanced) just give those specific gifts additional abilities (like being able to be part of a starter deck for Alpha). So after you set up all the characters playing (and remove the indicated Alpha gifts from their respective decks), whatever is left would be used to seed the Nexuses.

Someone with specific knowledge can feel free to correct me, but that's how I interpret my reading of the rules (pages 7 and 8, definition on pg 32).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
M27 - The DumbBell Nebula - Photographed 10/15/2018
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we are playing it. Just looking for verification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondior wrote:
That's how we are playing it. Just looking for verification.

Indeed, i'd like verification as well, as I'm left wondering the same thing after spending i don't know how many hours grappling with the rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Corneau
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Indeed, i'd like verification as well, as I'm left wondering the same thing after spending i don't know how many hours grappling with the rulebook...

Hey Rahdo! As weird as it feels to recommend a video to *you*, we did do a Teach and Play to help get others into the game quicker. It's a full playthrough, teaching along the way, and hopefully you'll find it useful. https://youtu.be/8TzXA472aSw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Corneau
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
As for the specific question, yes, you use all cards from each category. Alpha cards are marked as such for use when building your starting deck, or filling in any gaps between missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aviva Schecterson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also adding my "you're right!" feedback.

On page 10 of the rulebook under Preparing the Nexuses, #2 says "Draw random cards of each type," and type refers to types that match the icons on the doom side of the nexus. In the example to the left of this rule, you will see a mix of alpha and non-alpha gifts in Main Street's nexus deck.

Aviva
Game Editor
rules@lonesharkgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.