Subject: Half of the game is out of the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Virolos
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm really dissappointed. The half of the game doesn't fit anywhere, neither in the main box nor in the expansions boxes.

I bought the game with all expansions. I also bought their sleeves for everything at Kickstarter. Now the expansions don´t fit in the main box, neither in their own expansions boxes. So I have a lot of cards on the table.

I've spent around 250 dollars to have the game in this conditions. And two years.

I really hope a solution for this problem, how can they sell a product in this conditions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've spent $250 already, the cost of a box seems pretty negligible by comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virolos wrote:
Hello,

I'm really dissappointed. The half of the game doesn't fit anywhere, neither in the main box nor in the expansions boxes.
[...]

I really hope a solution for this problem, how can they sell a product in this conditions?
Umm, sorry to say this, but it is in general not to be assumed that games with in the box fully sleeved, especially not if there are over 1000 cards!
What were they supposed to do for the players who don't sleeve (which is, after all, the normal condition of the game, that it is sold in)? Should they have made the box twice as big and half empty for everyone who is not sleeving (and maybe doesn't own all expansions)?

Many games can't fit the expansions in the main box, especially once there are more of them -- again, should they make a huge half-empty box for the base product?

Here's a tip: BCW makes cardboard game boxes that are really cheap and can store lots. I'm not sure that they have any with the right width for 7th Continent cards, but worth a look.

Edit: The 3 main expansions fit in the box, and I think the whole construction was for people who only sleeve the action deck, not all of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hollow
msg tools
mb
Did you sleeve all the cards? Because I believe they said the box wouldn't fit everything sleeved but only recommend sleeving the action deck. You can sleeve considerably more than that for the cards to still fit, but "everything" was never on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sleeved the action deck, Skill Cards and Fog cards. All the expansions and the base game fit in the box this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virolos
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I sleeve all the cards, it isn't unusual. It is not normal to sleeve half game.

The point is that they sell sleeves, but they don´t adviced in the campeign. I shouldn't read a forum to discover this kind of things.

Most of expansions games are sold with in a big box to fit all of the component, for example: age of steam, power grid, orleans, catan, ect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virolos wrote:
Yes, I sleeve all the cards, it isn't unusual. It is not normal to sleeve half game.

The point is that they sell sleeves, but they don´t adviced in the campeign. I shouldn't read a forum to discover this kind of things.

Most of expansions games are sold with in a big box to fit all of the component, for example: age of steam, power grid, orleans, catan, ect.

Yes they did advise what to do in the campaign. You didn't need to read it in the forum, it was clearly stated in the FAQ of the campaign. Your failure to look as you claimed to do doesn't constitute a failure on their part.

Quote:
Can/Should I sleeve my cards?

Base game + expansions + addons represent more than 1300 cards.

We proposed an addon that allows to sleeve Action (blue) and State (red) cards because those are the cards that you'll manipulate the most.

All the cards (including the sleeved Action and State cards) will fit in the box and its storage trays. However it will NOT hold 1300+ sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virolos wrote:

Kickstarter page did say it will not fit everything sleeved. But I agree, they should have offered an add-on as bigger box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ImDarKK "The K"
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's incredible to see that people make errors and then say that the culprit is the creator of the game.
It's your ENTIRE FAULT don't try to justify your error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virolos wrote:

A) that's normally not true at all, B) even on the rare time it is, that doesn't mean it works with sleeves.

When you buy a game with optional sleeves, it's unreasonable to expect the box to fit both, especially when it's a game that's 98% cards. Unsleeve the map cards, they don't need them. Everything will fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And even ignoring the "sleeved or not" factor, I guess that less than 5% of the games I own fit into the base game box with all expansions ...

Looking at the games you own: Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders - do you expect to fit them all into a single box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
virolos wrote:

A) that's normally not true at all, B) even on the rare time it is, that doesn't mean it works with sleeves.

When you buy a game with optional sleeves, it's unreasonable to expect the box to fit both, especially when it's a game that's 98% cards. Unsleeve the map cards, they don't need them. Everything will fit.

It's incredibly common to have to throw the insert if you decided to sleeve a game.

Everything but the discard holder and elements will fit in the box if you follow my suggestion above. If you absolutely need them to also fit, they fit disassembled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you people just have to sleeve everything 🙄
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:
Because you people just have to sleeve everything 🙄

It's a compulsion. An addiction. We can't not sleeve. :/

There's even a microbadge for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virolos wrote:
Yes, I sleeve all the cards, it isn't unusual. It is not normal to sleeve half game,

It's also not normal to sleeve cards that won't be shuffled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... I am disgusted and disappointed, but I still want to believe people can be good and sensible.
badge
If am still here, it is only for the gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am a compulsive sleever, I did not sleeve the board tiles of Leaving Earth for almost the same reasons sleeving is not recommended for this game. However, the cardboard in this game, while looking a lot better, is dangerously weaker and this game is not one that could be easily reordered if damaged. This is why I ordered 10 packs of thin Swan Panasia sleeves, to be able to play the game without caring more for the components than for the game play.

On the other hand, even before I receive the sleeves I can see there is no way a fully sleeved game will fit back in the box, as it hardly fits as it is now. So what I am doing now is to look for an appropriately sized tray/box for the cards that will no longer fit into the original box. For the time being, the best candidate is a diskette box (cca. 1995), but I keep looking.

The publishers clearly stated they did not care for the compulsive sleevers and I respect their point of view, which, under different conditions, I would have been happy to accept. It is neither their fault nor their responsibility if I choose to use their game in a different way than how they designed it.

Edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Ikea has a box called the Tjena, and they have various configurations of it. There are two that I was thinking of using for this game since I sleeved everything (including the dividers whistle).

I found the box that has an interior that is subdivided into a 3x4 grid worked the best. Rather than putting in all the dividers, I left it as 3 columns mostly, putting only a divider in the back. I put all my Adventure cards in there and kept my Exploration and other cards in the core box. You could probably fit all of the cards in the Tjena box though. The top of the box just clears the dividers and with just putting in the Adventure Cards, still has plenty of room for the next couple of expansions. While I used a black box, they also have it in white and a couple of patterned designs

Pic of the Tjena with all the Adventure cards:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3703150/jknyte

There is a smaller Tjena box that I tried first, thinking of splitting the Adventure cards into smaller sets, but they were too wide for my liking.

Pic of the smaller Tjena box:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3703154/jknyte
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... I am disgusted and disappointed, but I still want to believe people can be good and sensible.
badge
If am still here, it is only for the gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your tip. The box looks amazing. And I also like how the rest of the stuff fits in your original box:

Does the box come with all the three labels?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a compulsive un-sleever. If I buy games second hand and the cards are sleeved I remove them. Nothing worse than horrible slippery plastic cards. There are very very few games I play that much that the cards suffer from wear enough for it to matter. When they do, like my dominion set, it adds character. I'm a man of the 70's, I live life on the edge....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
gmilitaru wrote:
Thank you for your tip. The box looks amazing. And I also like how the rest of the stuff fits in your original box:

Does the box come with all the three labels?

Each box only comes with one label placard and I slid a regular piece of paper that I printed the numbers on and that I cut out to fit into the placard. For the other two placards, I grabbed from the two smaller Tjena boxes I had bought.

Just to add for others interested, the box only costs $3.99.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00263614/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasber Floob
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Im getting this from a friend who no longer wants his pledge and compulsively want to sleeve everything but was worried whether everything would fit back in the box so I'm pleased I checked the forums first before splashing out on so many sleeves.

If I just sleeve the red and blue cards how many sleeves will I need to cover the core plus expansions? Can't find a definite answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hollow
msg tools
mb
Jasberfloob wrote:
Im getting this from a friend who no longer wants his pledge and compulsively want to sleeve everything but was worried whether everything would fit back in the box so I'm pleased I checked the forums first before splashing out on so many sleeves.

If I just sleeve the red and blue cards how many sleeves will I need to cover the core plus expansions? Can't find a definite answer

Try this post. It should have the answers you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasber Floob
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brackwater wrote:
Jasberfloob wrote:

Try this post. It should have the answers you're looking for.

Muchly appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Aren't there gaps between tiles on the map if you sleeve the map tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Aren't there gaps between tiles on the map if you sleeve the map tiles?

That's why you shouldn't sleeve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.