Subject: Testing custom cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made some cards using the TGS blank cards and so far played one game with them. Obviously I'm never going to be able to test them as well as the official cards have been tested (or even add much as a poorly playtested game). Does anyone have any tips on what to do to make the testing I do as efficient as possible?

I will post the cards in the variants forum for feedback but that's likely to be later in the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
I've made some cards using the TGS blank cards and so far played one game with them. Obviously I'm never going to be able to test them as well as the official cards have been tested (or even add much as a poorly playtested game). Does anyone have any tips on what to do to make the testing I do as efficient as possible?

I will post the cards in the variants forum for feedback but that's likely to be later in the week.
You could try starting with one of the custom cards in your opening hand, or adding them to your hand mid or late-game in place of a randomly-drawn card from the deck. That way you can specifically test them in best-case, worst-case, and in-between scenarios, and see if they perform at the level you'd expect them to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They seems like a good plan. Thanks :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe shuffle the deck and then add them into the top of the deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.