Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Leviathans» Forums » General

Subject: Catalyst Q & A rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I just watched a video of the catalyst q & a session at gen con this year. There was a quick comment about leviathans (more like a joke) and it wasn't brought up again. Anyone who is at gen con hear anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, with zero support, the website was quietly allowed to expire and disappear, and nothing of any note produced for years, I think it would be a joke. They need to sell the IP to someone who will use it. I've kept my subscription active on BGG just in case something new breaks, but nothing for years now -- just the base set and "expansions" that include more of the base set components with a couple new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd like to see it adapted into the Scythe universe. I think there are enough similarities in the themes that the designers' original vision could be largely maintained while at the same time benefiting from the Scythe fanbase. With the unfortunate passing of Leviathans' artist in 2011, it would open the game up for new art by Jakub Rozalski. Unless that's a different Doug Chaffee, in which case there's the possibility for collaboration (and BGG's database needs work).

Plus, with the release of the Wind Gambit expansion, we know that giant airships do exist in the world of Scythe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, interesting concept . . . a TACTICAL "Scythe" game with Leviathan / Aeronef type air-ships hovering over massive armies of steam-punkish robotic vehicles. So when will this appear on Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.