Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow gamers,

We have lost another of our own. Larry Sissons, just informed me that Michel Boucher has passed. Michel was not in good health, but the news is surprising and devastating nonetheless. Michel was a good friend and will be sorely missed. He had a lively mind and was always fun to work with and compete against. As I recall we met at WBC, where I have met so many of my gaming friends. We collaborated on many designs and a number of the early vassal modules for my games were constructed by Michel. He was in the process of working on three titles for me The Berlin Airlift, Black Eagles and most recently helping me to develop Hearts and Minds. Some of you will want to know who will take over the projects - don't want to think about that now. Will keep you informed as news comes available. In the meantime, please keep Michel and his family, in your prayers. He was not religious by any stretch, but Michel was a man who believed in people and the bettering of their lives. He would understand and appreciate each of us mourning in our own fashion.

We will miss you Michel! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shocking news! He sounded so energetic on Skype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got work with Michel Boucher on his game Thunderbirds at War: Bombing the Reich, Jan. to Jun. 1943 for Compass Games 2012-14. Had only communicated with him a few times since then, but I am saddened to hear of his passing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.