Apocrypha Adventure Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Garden Party rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initiate - Sacrifice: The active saint draw their hand size, then go to Reset.

What happens to the card against which they Initiated? Or should it be "then Reset" so they go down to their normal hand size and then continue Confronting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping since the designers may have missed this due to GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Harrington
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think nothing happens, no win, no loss. It seems like an option for something that is otherwise unavoidable, plus give you a lot of flexibility in your next hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it going either way: for getting out of a situation or for giving you a better set of cards for the situation. Powers are usually clear about what to do but this one isn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Harrington
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card says go to Reset, then you have to go to that phase. And once you are there, there is no way to get back to Confront. So your turn is basically over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, but that's not the question I'm driving at. If the power is really telling you to go from Confront to Reset, then it should also tell you what to do with the card you were Confronting (i.e. Avoid or Reload). If it's telling you to draw cards and make a better hand for your Confrontation, it should just tell you to Reset after drawing (not go to Reset). It doesn't do either, which is why I'm hoping a designer can clarify the power for me (or point out what I'm missing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Harrington
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, your right, it is missing that key info, now I see. Definitely needs clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Khaaaaan wrote:
Initiate - Sacrifice: The active saint draw their hand size, then go to Reset.

What happens to the card against which they Initiated? Or should it be "then Reset" so they go down to their normal hand size and then continue Confronting?

Hmm. Sounds like this needs a ruling. We'll get back to you on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what we decided. The goal of this card is to get you to draw a number of cards equal to your hand size. We don't want to short-circuit the confrontation you're in, though. So we'll be slightly modifying this card to be just "Draw your hand size."—that is, removing "then go to Reset"—so you can continue with the confrontation with a lot more cards in hand.

Also, try not to kill yourself with this fragment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.