Subject: Rules summary? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've noticed bgg doesn't have a nice rules summary for this game (universal head plz). Does anyone have some shortened rules for this game somewhere? The rulebook is terrible and a nice reference guide would be great. A better FAQ would be great too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the copyright notice at the back of the rule book and you'll have your answer. soblue

I've recently started working on rewriting the rule book. It will take some time because it isn't my day job. Once I'm finished with the draft, I can float it by Richard Launius and Jason Maxwell for their input and approval. It's a long process because I need to validate what I wrote to the actual rulebook and then update it for the FAQ and questions posted to BGG. The "final" (it's really a draft) rulebook PDF on 8th Summit's website doesn't match what came with my game, so that's something I have to deal with too. yuk

One of the big problems with the rule book is the information is too spread out. For example, there are setup instructions on page 7, but the instructions are incomplete because the scenarios starting on page 28 also have setup instructions. I solved the problem by listing the general setup steps like "Place Raiders" and included the information from the scenarios with each general step. Then I placed the essential (now abbreviated) scenario instructions *immediately* after setup because players would need the instructions right away to play the game.

Another problem with the rule book is that it duplicates content already present on the cards and leader boards. Having the information in two places increases the odds that the information will be updated in one location but not the other, so I'm excising the duplicated content from the rule book and directing players to the cards and boards. I'm baffled why the final rulebook didn't do this because printing extra pages costs money. I suspect that 8th Summit simply ran out of time before the game had to be sent to the printers.

So have faith. Somebody is working on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated the Action Board for the game. The original board had the same content on both sides, so I replaced it with a nice summary of the game. The files were submitted for BGG Admin approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.