4 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Re-Roll Tactics and Hulk's No Pain ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Corkill
msg tools
Howdy folks,

I have a couple of questions, please forgive me if these have been covered elsewhere!

1) There is a tactic for "Re-Roll 1 Hit Dice Result" and a tactic for "Re-Roll 1 Bullet, Alien, Jam Result"

After an attack roll, if one rolls a alien and wants to reroll that alien, only the Re-Roll 1 Bullet, Alien, Jam Result tactic can be used to reroll the alien?

2) Hulk and his No Pain skill combined with the Elite Agent energy shield:

His No Pain ability states:

+1 SHIELD when defending against 3 or more HIT

Say 3 hits are rolled against an Elite hulk - does his No pain ability still apply, even though one of those hits is going to be absorbed by his energy shield?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definite yes on 1)

Not 100% sure on 2), but I think the "No Pain" is activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grimlakin wrote:
1) There is a tactic for "Re-Roll 1 Hit Dice Result" and a tactic for "Re-Roll 1 Bullet, Alien, Jam Result"

After an attack roll, if one rolls a alien and wants to reroll that alien, only the Re-Roll 1 Bullet, Alien, Jam Result tactic can be used to reroll the alien?

Kilrah already answered this, but see the table on page 17 for where this is explicitly stated in the rules.

grimlakin wrote:
2) Hulk and his No Pain skill combined with the Elite Agent energy shield:

His No Pain ability states:

+1 SHIELD when defending against 3 or more HIT

Say 3 hits are rolled against an Elite hulk - does his No pain ability still apply, even though one of those hits is going to be absorbed by his energy shield?

I believe that No Pain activates in this instance. Section 7.3, p. 16 of the core rulebook states:

"If the defender has Energy Shielded Armor, he must first cancel hits by removing one point of Energy Shield for each HIT, before rolling the defense dice."

This suggests that Energy Shields are triggered as the very first step when defending, but No Pain triggers before that (or in other words, spending Energy Shields is part of what you do "when defending").

I thought Agent S published a more detailed list of combat steps at some point, but I can't find it at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Corkill
msg tools
Excellent!

Thank you both for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.