Subject: Hype Metabolism and the status phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Winden
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hyper Metabolism (technology card) - during the status phase gain 2 command tokens in stead of 1.

Status phase step 5 in rules reference - each player gains 2 command tokens from his reinforcements.

Is the hyper Metabolism technology card a typo and should be 2 to 3 instead of 1 to 2? Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Haha, looks like you found the first typo.

Metabolism in 3rd edition allowed you to draw an extra action card. I bet the said CC instead of AC by mistake.

Others have been more clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Gaming Annex in Muskegon
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
I believe someone mentioned several days ago the typo on the Diplomacy Strategy Card versus what the Rules Reference says regarding the Diplomacy Strategy Card.

Having said that, this is a good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Winden
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:

Metabolism in 3rd edition allowed you to draw an extra action card. I bet the said CC instead of AC by mistake.
Neural motivator adds an AC draw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
Tassrin wrote:
Lowecore wrote:

Neural motivator adds an AC draw
Noah is correct. But it should be noted: Hypermetabolism gave you +1CC and allowed you to discard an action card to gain an action card.

While Neural Motivator simply gave you an extra action card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Carpenito
msg tools
Things like this make my blood boil. Is this what we're being charged $150 for?

What's the typo on Diplomacy? I can't spot it, is it that the card says "2 exhausted planets" and the rules specify "you control"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quantum collider
msg tools
Vidyaraja wrote:
I understand it can be infuriating, but FFG often does print replacement cards for those that contain bad mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidyaraja wrote:
Well, also molding, design work, playtesting, art, printing and freight to FFG warehouse. Minor things like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Carpenito
msg tools
Shader10 wrote:
Vidyaraja wrote:
Well, also molding, design work, playtesting, art, printing and freight FFG warehouse. Minor things like that.
I hear you, but I'm still of the opinion that when we are spending that much on what is a luxury item, it would be reasonable to expect the author/editor to double and maybe triple check every bit of text for stuff like that. I seriously can't see how stuff like this can happen, especially considered FFG isn't some indie producer scribbling cards by handwriting in their basement.

Overall I think it's a trend with a lot of FFG games: superior component quality but lacking attention to detail upon close examination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Silveira
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidyaraja wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
Vidyaraja wrote:
Well, also molding, design work, playtesting, art, printing and freight FFG warehouse. Minor things like that.
I hear you, but I'm still of the opinion that when we are spending that much on what is a luxury item, it would be reasonable to expect the author/editor to double and maybe triple check every bit of text for stuff like that. I seriously can't see how stuff like this can happen, especially considered FFG isn't some indie producer scribbling cards by handwriting in their basement.

Overall I think it's a trend with a lot of FFG games: superior component quality but lacking attention to detail upon close examination.
Humans doing human stuff.. Relax and enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidyaraja wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
Vidyaraja wrote:

I once found a typo in the title of a text that had roughly 10 drafts and at least 3 passes of grammar checking. Sometimes this stuff just happens even to people with large budgets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first "printing" of Epica's Requiem for the Indifferent album went out without lead vocals on the final track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone post a picture of the offending card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, I'm actually even more confused. What are the mistakes on the TI4 versions of:

1. Hyper Metabolism?

2. Neural Motivator?

3. The Diplomacy SC? (And which is right, the RR or SC?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragon Fire
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created an album
https://imgur.com/a/LwA4N

Source: https://youtu.be/rMQz538ictE

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shunta
United States
Norton Shores
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is everyone in agreement that Hyper-metabolism should be played that it allows you to get 3 cc instead of 2cc, and has nothing to do with action cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimb0v wrote:
Is everyone in agreement that Hyper-metabolism should be played that it allows you to get 3 cc instead of 2cc, and has nothing to do with action cards?
Yes, I can guarantee that was the intent - +1 CC during the status phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimb0v wrote:
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
halbower wrote:
I believe someone mentioned several days ago the typo on the Diplomacy Strategy Card versus what the Rules Reference says regarding the Diplomacy Strategy Card.
Can someone shed more light on this? I don't recall seeing this brought up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
pkitty wrote:
halbower wrote:
I am curious, too. Unless I'm missing something, the only difference is that the order in the RRG is slightly different than what's on the card, but that shouldn't make any difference in practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I clicked on this thread expecting it to be about the hype for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Carpenito
msg tools
pkitty wrote:
At this point, I'm actually even more confused. What are the mistakes on the TI4 versions of:

1. Hyper Metabolism?

2. Neural Motivator?

3. The Diplomacy SC? (And which is right, the RR or SC?)
What's wrong with Neural Motivator? (and Diplomacy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
pkitty wrote:
halbower wrote:

I apologize. I said Diplomacy. The discrepancy is on Warfare secondary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason John
United States
Whitinsville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
halbower wrote:
pkitty wrote:
halbower wrote:

In the interest of anyone who comes by this and would like to know what this discrepancy is:

The secondary of the warfare strategy card on the tile allows others "to use the production ability of 1 of your space docks in your home system." The secondary indicated in the book states "to use the production ability of 1 of your units in your home system." There are non space dock units that have a production statistic, and it's not 100% clear what interpretation to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shunta
United States
Norton Shores
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJAPS2 wrote:
halbower wrote:
pkitty wrote:
halbower wrote:

In the interest of anyone who comes by this and would like to know what this discrepancy is:

The secondary of the warfare strategy card on the tile allows others "to use the production ability of 1 of your space docks in your home system." The secondary indicated in the book states "to use the production ability of 1 of your units in your home system." There are non space dock units that have a production statistic, and it's not 100% clear what interpretation to use.
Can any playtesters chime in about the intent? I'm presuming the intent is the broader reading from the rulebook and until we get an official ruling that's how I'm going to advocate my group plays it.

Admittedly though, this seems like it won't come up that often because most of the time the unit with the highest production in your home system is going to be a space dock there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |