Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activate multiple engaging enemies + bash rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tamas Szabadi
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's assume there are 2 enemies engaged with 1 hero and I have to activate all engaged enemies. The first enemy using bash to the hero. Will the second enemy still activate even if it is not engaged anymore?

So do we check for enemies to activate once when drawing the Encounter card or do we check the conditions separately after each resolved attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobi wrote:
Let's assume there are 2 enemies engaged with 1 hero and I have to activate all engaged enemies. The first enemy using bash to the hero. Will the second enemy still activate even if it is not engaged anymore?

So do we check for enemies to activate once when drawing the Encounter card or do we check the conditions separately after each resolved attack?

I think you determine the set that are going to activate and then activate them all regardless of what happens during the activations. Otherwise it just seems like a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Szabadi
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

I think you determine the set that are going to activate and then activate them all regardless of what happens during the activations. Otherwise it just seems like a mess.

Thanks, yes, that is what I guessed as well, but I was curious what others think.

It wasn't completely clear, and if we get more encounter cards with Act 2 there could be more complicated scenarios otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text of 15.7 also strongly implies that you identify the enemies to be activated, then you activate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Graber
United States
Louisville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think you would activate them one at a time starting with the ones controlled by the Active player and going clockwise.

If a player controls more than one enemy the rules give instructions on what order to activate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.