BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Starting a Podcast focusing on Design rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan McAvoy
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hi all. I'm in the process of starting a podcast dedicated to highlighting awesome STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, ART, and Math) design competitions. The goal of this all age’s podcast is getting people of all ages (but especially school age children) enthusiastic about STEAM programs in school. Some people may not necessarily be interested in (or realize they are interested in) getting into engineering until they find out there's things like the International Submarine Races where teams build human-powered subs and race them at the Naval Surface Warfare center in Bethesda (check them out the pictures from the races are far out).

So I don’t want to focus exclusively on engineering. Arts important to me and board game design seems like and awesome marriage of both. Engineering your rules so that they’re balanced and fun while also designing game art and world building. So I’m hoping some of you awesome game designers would be interested in being interviewed about game design. I’m located in Baltimore MD and would ideally like to meet in person to interview as I’m not set up to record Skype interviews yet. If you’re local to Baltimore, or even DC/MD/VA I do travel a lot for work after all, leave me a response and let’s talk. And in case you’re wondering, yes I am working on my own board game design that I may just enter in BGG’s design contest when it’s done. I’ll keep ya updated.

Cheers
Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.