Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have just got hold of all 3 boxes. However, I am not into deck building and will be playing this as a regular board game.

I wish to have balanced army of different variety to easily pull them out and play with friends. no drafting, no sorting. just all bagged into pre constructed decks and army.

Does any of you have good deck and army list for this purpose? I dont plan to have all the planes walkers available. probably just 4-5 planeswalker that play the most fun against each other.

Thanks for this help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not played for years, but I used to base my decks on the 3rd methord using two colours. 3rd land, 3rd creatures and 3rd spells. Remember that low powered creatures can be beafed up by spells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed123play wrote:
Have not played for years, but I used to base my decks on the 3rd methord using two colours. 3rd land, 3rd creatures and 3rd spells. Remember that low powered creatures can be beafed up by spells.

He's talking about the board game, not the Card Game. They share some similarities, but deckbuilding is based on colors of your plainswalker character and a set point value max that each card contributes to.

Step 1 is to buy at least 2 copies of each set so you have extra cards to work with. Otherwise you will have to take apart certain characters decks in order to play other characters. This is especially true with the multi-color plainswalkers from the second and third sets.

I'd have to look back through and see what I set up for mine, but ideally you want to keep an eye on the total points costs for the decks and the armies and keep them relatively even and they should be balanced for the most part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Ed123play wrote:

He's talking about the board game, not the Card Game. They share some similarities, but deckbuilding is based on colors of your plainswalker character and a set point value max that each card contributes to.

Step 1 is to buy at least 2 copies of each set so you have extra cards to work with. Otherwise you will have to take apart certain characters decks in order to play other characters. This is especially true with the multi-color plainswalkers from the second and third sets.

I'd have to look back through and see what I set up for mine, but ideally you want to keep an eye on the total points costs for the decks and the armies and keep them relatively even and they should be balanced for the most part.

I am behind the times with MTG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.