United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy and have got all cards into the correct place (including all expansions). I'm wondering what the best way to check the card list is (and if I should bother at all?).

Any advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judas Bricot
France
flag msg tools
You may try this :

https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/resources/downlo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judas Bricot
France
flag msg tools
JudasBricot wrote:

EDIT : sorry, I thought "where" and not "how".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Since the cards are (supposed to be) sorted by numbers, I quuckly checked that all cards were here and that they were the type of cards they were supposed to be. For example: "cards A157 to A202 should be action cards. First check they are indeed action cards. Then check that all cards are here on by one."

For green/gold cards it's easy. Just try not looking at the thumb symbol that appears from time to time. For blue cards you can look at them, so it's no spoiler checking the number. For event (?) cards where the number is on the front, I used another card or a divider to hide the art/text parts and checked the number which is in the top right corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miche
Germany
flag msg tools
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat...
badge
I see dead people...
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
(and if I should bother at all?).

Frankly? I didn't. Unless there is any track record of missing components I would do a quick look on the bricks, but I wouldn't bother to go through each card individually...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
da_miche wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
(and if I should bother at all?).

Frankly? I didn't. Unless there is any track record of missing components I would do a quick look on the bricks, but I wouldn't bother to go through each card individually...

I did and am missing exactly one card, unless it's stuck to another and I haven't yet noticed despite pawing at the surrounding cards for a while...

It took me 2 hours to go through the list with the expansions sorted in, should've done it before that, but I just went through the boxes in order and cross-checked with the PDF list for each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bennett
msg tools
Checking the ID numbers seemed like too much work to me, so I just counted that there were as many of each type as there were supposed to be, and went through the numbered cards with the list making sure the correct number of each number were there. I also put a little colored adhesive circle on each card with an errata to remind me when I pull one of those cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skeezix55 wrote:
Checking the ID numbers seemed like too much work to me, so I just counted that there were as many of each type as there were supposed to be, and went through the numbered cards with the list making sure the correct number of each number were there. I also put a little colored adhesive circle on each card with an errata to remind me when I pull one of those cards.

I did something similar, and I'm a notorious "first thing to do is always check the components" guy (and unfortunately it really pays).

Since there were no reports I saw for wrong cards, only for missing cards, I counted how many there should be e.g. behind the "50" divider, and if the number was correct, I assumed I got the correct cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miche
Germany
flag msg tools
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat...
badge
I see dead people...
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:

I did and am missing exactly one card, unless it's stuck to another and I haven't yet noticed despite pawing at the surrounding cards for a while...

It took me 2 hours to go through the list with the expansions sorted in, should've done it before that, but I just went through the boxes in order and cross-checked with the PDF list for each.

Oha - may I ask which one (ID and number). Getting paranoid myself now (no, I did not fail an action!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jman Z
msg tools
mbmbmb
Skeezix55 wrote:
I also put a little colored adhesive circle on each card with an errata to remind me when I pull one of those cards.

Just received my box (didnt unpack yet). Errata??? already?
Where can i find that list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knutergrum wrote:
Skeezix55 wrote:
I also put a little colored adhesive circle on each card with an errata to remind me when I pull one of those cards.

Just received my box (didnt unpack yet). Errata??? already?
Where can i find that list?

The errata (along with the card list and everything is on the website:
https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/resources/downlo...

There are 1300+ cards so something slipped in, luckily very few things impact the gameplay (most notably the note about Dimitri's ability).
I suggest bookmarking the page instead of printing it out, as it's updated as soon as new typos are reported (v.1.6 so far)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
da_miche wrote:
gschmidl wrote:

Oha - may I ask which one (ID and number). Getting paranoid myself now (no, I did not fail an action!)

Sorry for the belated answer! It's 322, as you may have seen in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miche
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
I see dead people...
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Sorry for the belated answer! It's 322, as you may have seen in another thread.

Ok, just checked - this one is there Lucky I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was trying to do a summary file like this so I can count the number of cards by divider if necessary.

The file is here: 7th content card check list

I have done A, E, B and am halfway into C (I have not yet uploaded the expansions). I am starting to regret doing it by hand.

If you can help on D, F, it will be great.

If you thought the file is better done in another format, different layout or different anything, please let me know too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.