Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Entry Effects on Arkham Gates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Krasny
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When a characters uses an back-of-gate effect and flips the card which has an entry effect, does that effect take place immediately?

Are players allowed to look at the underside of arkham gates before deciding to move into them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
VirtualAlex wrote:
When a characters uses an back-of-gate effect and flips the card which has an entry effect, does that effect take place immediately?

Yes.

Quote:
Are players allowed to look at the underside of arkham gates before deciding to move into them?

No.

goo

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok this has been how we are playing it. We have lost a some good people with some rude entry effects haha.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
VirtualAlex wrote:
Ok this has been how we are playing it. We have lost a some good people with some rude entry effects haha.

Yeah, that's the risk of not spending two trophies at the entrance to flip a card before moving to it. It's probably best to avoid moving to a face down red or yellow adventure when you're dangerously low on stamina or sanity, if you can.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah sometimes you need to do it to get rid of a nasty midnight effect though (though feels like ALWAYS the midnight effect on the other side is even worse.) Or you want the good benefit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.