United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
In a majority of the spaces where you'd use a data cube, the reward is either money or a power crystal--there are a few that just have odd crystal-like symbols.

I can't find anywhere in the rulebook or online videos that confirms what these are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a handful of crystals that are used to power some of the items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the odd shaped crystals icons are Clank hits you have to take. Thematic possibilities are because all the beneficial data ports have been hacked in that section and the ship's security is on to your thieving ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The six-pointed star symbol is Clank! that must be put onto the board (unless you have a card effect that cancels it out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ol_bubba wrote:
I think the odd shaped crystals icons are Clank hits you have to take. Thematic possibilities are because all the beneficial data ports have been hacked in that section and the ship's security is on to your thieving ways.

When it was taught to us, there were definitely clank symbols too, and I was told the same reason (you are in a rush, so willing to take the hit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alluvian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do hope they add it to the rulebook if they do another printing, I am pretty sure it is not listed anywhere in there, and none of the cards that reference clank use that symbol.

Incredibly small nitpick for a game I enjoy very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Priddy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised too it's not in the book on how clank & hearts are penalty & rest are benefits. Maybe once the app is updated to include space that it has a faq included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dennen
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Clank is a penalty. Hearts are a benefit (healing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Merakon wrote:
Clank is a penalty. Hearts are a benefit (healing).

Apologies, I still need clarification.

Who is the Clank penalty for?

Player A, Player B, and Player C are playing. Player A utilizes a data port showing one clank. Which scenario occurs:

1. Player A generates a one clank penalty
2. Player B and C generate a one clank penatly

I'm confused as the only time the clank symbol is referenced in the rule book is under Major Secrets - Sonic Grenade where only your opponents are effected by this symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dennen
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Player A makes +1 Clank!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I couldn't believe this wasn't in the rulebook either. There's been a few things either not very well explained at all or totally missing. On the arena module there is a sword so what the heck does that mean? I'm assuming you get a sword but...for use on that turn only? What if that's the only one and it's useless? Really lame IMO like they only put it there because it's an "arena" but seriously...the application of a single sword in that data hack context seems useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Shaw
msg tools
mbmbmb
My understanding was that on the computers the star was one damage that a sword won't protect you from and the sword is a damage that can be mitigated if you have a sword. The only thing the manual says is that there are good and bad affects from using the terminal.

I agree with others though that this should be in th manual. To be fair though it is the only thing I found missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ellingsworth

Delaware
msg tools
Has anyone asked these questions to the designer? I would love exact explanations for what all those symbols were supposed to mean. I know some were obvious, but others desperately need clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was answered in a rules thread. There is a FAQ for the game which contains the following explanation of the data port symbols:

Clank!: Add Clank! to the Clank! area equal to the number of icons shown.
Credits: Take the number of credits shown.
Healing: Heal an amount of damage equal to the number of hearts shown.
Power Crystal: Take a power crystal.
Skill: Generate the amount of Skill shown. It is wasted if you don’t spend it this turn.
Swords: Generate the number of Swords shown. They are wasted if you don’t spend them this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.