Subject: Feedback on rules for WIP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fedja Buz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I wanted to share the rule book for my WIP: Deities Domination. In this game you play a God who's ultimate goal is to take the position at the head of the pantheon of Gods. You do this by leading a tribe on earth to domination over the other Gods and their tribes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uimCgNBVwxemdhMHRGeVhaNEk...

Any feedback and interest in play testing is appreciated. I have been working on the game for a long time now, and finally feel like it is ready to share for feedback.

Comments on:
How interesting the game is (i.e. do you think you would want to play it?)
How easy to follow the rules are
How the structure flows
Any structural flaws or grammar errors

Or quite literally any aspect of the game/ rules is appreciated. Thank you for your time :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iggn Hes
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Page 1 - bullet points: add some space between the bullets. Maybe get rid of "advantageous in early stages of the game" and "Ideal in later stages of the game", "a balanced approach" since player should embark on the adventure of finding their own strategy? I might be worng.

"Each God has special abilities tuned to a particular
strategy."
let the player find out which belong together?

Page 2: Maybe put each step in their own "box", it is hard to read. Also why is the text not justified and has a different font size? Maybe make the whole page the "quick start guide". Also I found it hard to see the picutre and then read the instruction later... confused me. Again boxing each step might help, or giving each step some more space on the page.

Page 3: The right column - the box is messed up.

Page 7: Burnt earth is indicated by "1." with no other numbers to follow.

Page 8: Other rules and hints enumeration begins with "4." continued from page 7.

I've read the rules and they seemed partly confusing, but I guess they would kind of work out. Maybe also try using italic features to further differenciate between headlines or subcategories?

I think you should add a Quick Guide with an overview of every Turn plus all of the player Actions

Players Turn:

-> Place Village/Farm
-> Use 3 actions

--> Play a hand card (Tribe, Malevolent, Battle etc.) – in any combination
--> Buy a priest (costs 3 Fervor)
--> Move the priest (counts as an action)
--> Con
vert villages/ farmlands of other tribes (costs 2 Fervor per tile)
-> Draw hand cards (up to a total of 6)
Next Players Turn

Consider what I wrote earlier, with maybe not giving away the strategies?! At least not open with it on the first page...

Hope I could give you some feedback worth reading, let me know if you have a PnP version, I might give it a try.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedja Buz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the great feedback :-) I will make those changes. I am almost done with putting together the PnP, I will share it soon. I agree on over explaining the strategy. I guess I was so concerned about people picking up the theme that I over explained.

Could you tell me more about what you found confusing? Was it the flow? Or the wording?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedja Buz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey guys!

I have my PnP online with an updated rulebook. Any feedback is appreciated. https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B_uimCgNBVwxO...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.