Hide
15 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: tactic value and action cards of captured leaders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dfg dfgdfg
msg tools
as far as i found it, the rules only state, that a capatured leader cannot oppose a mission (usually), but there are no exception for the tactic value or using his action cards

i played it, that captured leaders are totally disabled, since it doesent make any sense for me, that the captured leader should lead the attack rescuing himself and therefore adding his tactic value

but didnt find this in the rules

did i overlook something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Not in the rulebook, but it's covered in official FAQ:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/91/1f...

"Q: Do captured leaders contribute their tactic values during a
combat in their system?

A: No."

edited to add:

"Q: Can a captured leader use action cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dfg dfgdfg
msg tools
thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Malvestuto
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Ok, but about captured leaders ...

1) a captured leader can lead a reatreat from a sistem?

2) a captured leaden can attempt/supporta a mission attempted from another leader?

And about retreat ...

3) Sure can you can reatreat only with one of your leaders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PrincipeKonrad wrote:

No.

Quote:
2) a captured leaden can attempt/supporta a mission attempted from another leader?

No.

Quote:
And about retreat ...

Yes...if it's not captured.

The only thing a captured leader can do that is beneficial to the rebel player is contribute its icons to oppose missions that target them, specifically. Such cards will say "Attempt against a captured leader". If there are two captured leaders in the same system (rare, but possible), the captured leader not being targeted does not contribute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:

The sole exception being "Noble Sacrifice", which is useable only at the moment of capture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
csouth154 wrote:
Perf wrote:

The sole exception being "Noble Sacrifice", which is useable only at the moment of capture.

It could probably be argued that Obi-Wan uses his action card in the last possible moment, when he's not captured yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
Perf wrote:

It could probably be argued that Obi-Wan uses his action card in the last possible moment, when he's not captured yet.

Not convincingly, considering the wording of the card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Perf wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
Perf wrote:

Not convincingly, considering the wording of the card...

A better wording would have been "Use when this leader becomes captured, before applying the capture ring."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Malvestuto
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
PrincipeKonrad wrote:

No.

Quote:

No.

Quote:
And about retreat ...

The only thing a captured leader can do that is beneficial to the rebel player is contribute its icons to oppose missions that target them, specifically. Such cards will say "Attempt against a captured leader". If there are two captured leaders in the same system (rare, but possible), the captured leader not being targeted does not contribute.

I think in this manner, too.
But where I can find the specific rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
PrincipeKonrad wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
PrincipeKonrad wrote:

No.

Quote:

No.

Quote:
And about retreat ...

I think in this manner, too.
But where I can find the specific rules?

I think the reason it's in the FAQ is because it wasn't as explicit in the rules as it should have been.

For retreating, though, the rules are a bit more clear because in Captured Leaders it says "Captured leaders do not oppose missions, cannot return to the leader pool, and cannot be moved by the rebel player."

Since retreating with a leader requires you to move the leader, it cannot be done if the leader is captured..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan P
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Perf wrote:
Not in the rulebook, but it's covered in official FAQ:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/91/1f...

"Q: Do captured leaders contribute their tactic values during a
combat in their system?

edited to add:

I get the no action cards rule (to prevent shenanigans like "Undercover" allowing a leader to rescue himself), but I really think that captured Luke/Wedge should be allowed to use "One in a Million" to resist missions targeting them. If they get to roll dice, it seems like they should be able to use their action card that affects the dice.

Before the FAQ came out, I once used OiaM to successfully resist a Lure of the Darkside on Luke. It was a huge play in the game, and it didn't feel at all broken or unthematic. We didn't even question the legality at the time - my friend was bummed his mission failed, but relieved I couldn't use it with Death Star Plans anymore.

I really don't recruit Luke very often anymore, anyway, so it doesn't make much difference to me now. But what do you think - would it be too powerful to allow this exception?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dfg dfgdfg
msg tools
i guess in addition, captured leaders do also not hinder your fleet movement when activating a system

otherwise the fleet could be blocked for ever

but this also gives u the possibility to move the fleet twice, when the activating leader gets captured right away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no need to guess. The rules have you covered.
RRG - Captured Leaders wrote:
Captured leaders do not prevent Rebel units from moving out
of their system.

Yes, you could move a fleet twice that way, but the ways to capture a Rebel leader that is accompanied by Rebel Ships are somewhat limited, so it's unlikely for such a leader to get captured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dfg dfgdfg
msg tools
just happend in my last game

and its prolly not that unlikely, since as rebels u often try to destroy the imperial transporters to cripple the groundforces, but they can still capture the attacking leader

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.