Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have time for a full blown review but let me just say that I was not a Kickstarter backer and I came across this game after seeing Zee Garcia's review on The Dice Tower.

Wizards of the Wild is a gem of a small box game...but it doesn't feel small. Between the plethora of challenge cards, spell cards and hero options, to the variety of strategies available to the player, this is a quite solid gaming experience. I think it really shines with two players(my wife and I enjoy it particularly) and the solo mode is very well done!

"Solid" might sound average but it isn't an average game because not only does it have fun mechanisms, the game-playing experience is elevated by the fantastic artwork and theming. Even the etched, marbled dice are top rate.

Kickstarter games are sometimes "pretty" but there's no good game engine underneath the hood...but this game is fun to play!

Games by small companies sometimes "skimp" on component quality and artwork...but this game is first rate in those categories.

I knew what I was getting into from the video review that I watched but having it hand made me realize just how great this game is. If you've peeked at the BGG page for this game, I encourage you not to miss out on this great, little(but feels big) game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.