154 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Massive Darkness» Forums » Variants

Subject: MD TROTL Expanded Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: save [+] [View All]
De Mortis
msg tools
Hi! My fellow Lightbringers! As some of you know, I was posting on facebook my custom campaign project. I was suggested post here to. So i decided to share my work, with all of you! For now it's all work and progres and i opened to any suggestions. I'm still not closed on many aspects of gameplay, but have intention to shere updates as i progress.

Ps. Sorry for my so-so english, it's not my native languge...
From gallery of Demortis
From gallery of Demortis
From gallery of Demortis
From gallery of Demortis
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re: MD Rise of the LIghtbringers
This is what I was originally hoping for!... Thank you. Please keep us updated. I would love to get these printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyber Dwarf
France
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Spider-Man fanMicrobadge: I'm the GM - I'm the decider!Microbadge: Too Many Bones fanMicrobadge: Hellboy fanMicrobadge: Mike Patton fan
I am very interested too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keep us posted, it looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing your ideas so far
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Mortis
msg tools
I'm in the middle of writing background story. I have my first draft now, but i'm returning for more edits constantly. At the same time i'm working on new gameplay mechanics and new card designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quiarcus
China
Beijing
北京
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG poster
Looks interesting. I'm working on something similar at the moment myself (including a redone town phase) and had planned to work in travel as well. I like the map that you've done for yours - that's a nice touch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Mass Effect fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Epic fanMicrobadge: I backed Massive Darkness on Kickstarter
Demortis wrote:
I'm in the middle of writing background story. I have my first draft now, but i'm returning for more edits constantly. At the same time i'm working on new gameplay mechanics and new card designs.
Wow! Looks very good and exteremly similar concepts to what I'm working.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1732846/custom-md-lightbrin...
What you have shown is the biggest obstacle I face, making it looking good and printable. It'd be interesting if we all worked together on this

Thank you for the post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
...and all for fun!
badge
Have you come for a checkup?
Microbadge: Statistics fanMicrobadge: Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom fanMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
I'd love to see the three of you pool your efforts to come up with something truly great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nimrod Breger
Germany
Dusseldorf
flag msg tools
#MakeMassiveDarknessGreat

Looks amazing dude!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2015 Secret Santa participant
Demortis wrote:
Hi! My fellow Lightbringers! As some of you know, I was posting on facebook my custom campaign project. I was suggested post here to. So i decided to share my work, with all of you! For now it's all work and progres and i opened to any suggestions. I'm still not closed on many aspects of gameplay, but have intention to shere updates as i progress.

Ps. Sorry for my so-so english, it's not my native languge...
From gallery of Demortis
From gallery of Demortis
From gallery of Demortis
From gallery of Demortis
No worries. Im sure we can all chip in to help with editing if needed.

Looking forward!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron bateman
United States
California
flag msg tools
CMON should have hired you for this from the get go lol. Tag for updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
Microbadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Star Trek RPG (FASA) fanMicrobadge: HeroQuest playerMicrobadge: I backed a season of Zombicide on KickstarterMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game Alone
I too am interested in seeing where this project goes. Extra kudos for interlinking Z:BP story elements, I know that there are some fans that want to keep the games in their respective universes, however, I am not one as I fully support the notion that MD and Z:BP/ GH could be taking place simultaneously or at least in the same world.

*Subscribed*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Mass Effect fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Epic fanMicrobadge: I backed Massive Darkness on Kickstarter
DoctorBandage wrote:
I'd love to see the three of you pool your efforts to come up with something truly great!
It would be Massive I did send OP user a PM. This would be a great project!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Mortis
msg tools
Some more materials

From gallery of Demortis

From gallery of Demortis

From gallery of Demortis

From gallery of Demortis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quiarcus
China
Beijing
北京
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG poster
Looking good De Mortis: loving the design work so far.

The biggest issue for mine is time: I'm on holiday at the moment but that ends tomorrow, after which I don't know when I'll get to work on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selliez Manu
France
flag msg tools
Happy to see you here !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Microbadge: Roxley Games fanMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Pinky & The Brain fan
Hey there,
I saw your progress on FB and i want to offer my support again.
If you want to redesign the quest while changing the maps, I made the map pack here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134104/massive-darkness-t...
And I'll gladly add new custom tokens and icons to it or an extra pack
I just need the image, without background optimaly.
Big thumbs up for creating,
Flo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Mortis
msg tools
Some organized new rules

From gallery of Demortis
From gallery of Demortis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
Microbadge: Golden Image UploaderMicrobadge: Kingdom Death fan - Flower KnightMicrobadge: Rahdo Runs Through fanMicrobadge: Dog lover
Cont me in as interested and excited to see what you folks can create! Subscribed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selliez Manu
France
flag msg tools
Did you plan to "associate" with Quiarcus' to create a crazy story mode ?
I asked him the same question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Mortis
msg tools
This is my new post from facebook:
I'm still experimenting with travel mechanics and as someone suggested, i looked closely on the Gloomhaven road event cards. They are two sided cards. On front side there introduction to the event and 2 decision points. On the back side - descriptions and outcome of both choices. But i come to conclusion, that without complexity of the Gloomhaven campaign, this cards not working very well. In Gloomhaven - the outcomes may contain multiple separate outcomes, dependent on meny rules and conditions. Without this rules - once you played this card you will lern the outcomes and every time this card will come into play you will know what to choose - and thats no fun!...
So what do you think about this gameplay mechanics?
It's some kind of hybrid between Gloomhaven and Warhammer Quest:
There will be Event cards, that on front side - introduction to the event and 2 choices.
In the deck there will be multiple amount of this card (like 4?) that on the back side - different outcomes for every choice, so when you draw this card, you never know which outcomes it will have.
Of Course there will be different Event cards, with multiple variants, so the deck will be BIG!...
From gallery of Demortis

From gallery of Demortis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
Microbadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Star Trek RPG (FASA) fanMicrobadge: HeroQuest playerMicrobadge: I backed a season of Zombicide on KickstarterMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game Alone
Four variants per "Event" would be very nice to have. It also sounds like a lot of work and could lead to fewer overall "Event" types due to burnout?

Regardless, an Event deck would be great, and the more variability the better in my opinion.

This project continues to progress nicely. Continued Kudos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Mortis
msg tools
Dont worry! I worked on Warhammer Quest remake for something like 15 years... So i have patience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Mortis
msg tools
So i'm uploading my background story, this is my first and very rough draft, so please don't judge it too harsh.
I know that there plenty of grammar mistakes and honestly speaking, stylistically it's not the best... I'm not professional writer after all.

From gallery of Demortis
From gallery of Demortis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Preece
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
This is seriously fantastic work. Wow.. nice job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |