This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Are the blank tokens enough? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Petkov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are scenarios, where the blank tokens are needed. I wonder are they enough? If they are not I'm thinking to substitute them with something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lheureux
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may depend on what kind of gamer you are.

I've played the basic game twice now and didn't use any. With expansions you may use more.

If you feel strongly about it you could use proxie tokens.

The game also suggests that you simply use a numbered token and write in on your save sheet what the numbered token represents.

I also have the idea of laminating the tokens and using a dry erase marker....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the few games I've played I used the blank tokens without actually writing anything on them to represent the unique assets that came up in that game. It was easy enough to remember what they represented and we could jot down the details on a scrap piece of paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
In the few games I've played I used the blank tokens without actually writing anything on them to represent the unique assets that came up in that game. It was easy enough to remember what they represented and we could jot down the details on a scrap piece of paper.

This is what I did as well. I'm always fearful of using blank tokens, worried I'll run out. So I never end up using any of them! Which kind of defeats the purpose of having them I suppose

There is one I'm considering writing on, as I think it's safe to assume it'll come up often enough. But it's also not really needed as a marker. *shrug*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i tend to just write the special tokens down on a piece of paper including the location ie in storage or hidden etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use peel off sticky note tabs that are writable paper and stick them on the blank tokens. The were like $2 and there are dozens of them. Just write, stick, then if you run out of tokens, they just peel off to replace. Easy peasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Scaife
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lettered tokens are provided if you don't want to write on the blank tokens or run out. The use of these is explained in the book of scripts(early pages I think). Basically you use a token eg 'A' and then write on a pad A= script number/ name. This is whatI do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used the letter tokens every time this situation has come up so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, we NEED the blank tokens? I'll go fish mine out of the recycling then surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to mention you could use each side for a different token effect.

I have come across three different ones so far but have barely scratched the surface of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
Wait, we NEED the blank tokens? I'll go fish mine out of the recycling then surprise

Yup - whole big thread about it a few weeks back! There was angst.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.