Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Noob Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
1) For Deadpool's "Running Commentary" that says: "You get +1/2 attack for each other card with flavor text you played this turn." Do the cards from each hero that have some extra writing on the bottom of them count as flavor text?

2) For Captain Britain's cards that give +1 for each team, do unaffiliated cards like Winter Soldier, Sidekicks, etc. count toward this or no because they don't "have a team?"

3) For "Unbreakable Enigma Code," when you choose to attack the mastermind, do you have to say/guess the cards one by one and flip them over to prove to other players you figured it out? Or do you just say what all the cards in the stack are and then attack?

4) For "Anti-Mutant Hatred," it says "At the start of your turn, (Do this with the scheme twist." So if I draw into a scheme twist during that turn, my guess is it doesn't trigger because it is no longer the start of my turn?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crashfach wrote:
1) For Deadpool's "Running Commentary" that says: "You get +1/2 attack for each other card with flavor text you played this turn." Do the cards from each hero that have some extra writing on the bottom of them count as flavor text?


The italicized text at the bottom of Hero cards count as flavor text. It's the stuff that has no bearing on gameplay, I guess except for this Deadpool card!

crashfach wrote:
2) For Captain Britain's cards that give +1 for each team, do unaffiliated cards like Winter Soldier, Sidekicks, etc. count toward this or no because they don't "have a team?"


They do not count. Your are correct that they don't "have a team'.

crashfach wrote:
3) For "Unbreakable Enigma Code," when you choose to attack the mastermind, do you have to say/guess the cards one by one and flip them over to prove to other players you figured it out? Or do you just say what all the cards in the stack are and then attack?


You reveal them to each player as proof that your guesses are right.

crashfach wrote:
4) For "Anti-Mutant Hatred," it says "At the start of your turn, (Do this with the scheme twist." So if I draw into a scheme twist during that turn, my guess is it doesn't trigger because it is no longer the start of my turn?


If you draw the twist during your turn through the effect of Hero cards or Villain cards you would not have to do the effect, you are correct.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crashfach wrote:
1) For Deadpool's "Running Commentary" that says: "You get +1/2 attack for each other card with flavor text you played this turn." Do the cards from each hero that have some extra writing on the bottom of them count as flavor text?


Flavor text isn't the legal text on every card, but the story or quotes. I think there's an example on the rules sheet.

Quote:
2) For Captain Britain's cards that give +1 for each team, do unaffiliated cards like Winter Soldier, Sidekicks, etc. count toward this or no because they don't "have a team?"


No, they don't have a team at all, so they don't count.

Quote:
3) For "Unbreakable Enigma Code," when you choose to attack the mastermind, do you have to say/guess the cards one by one and flip them over to prove to other players you figured it out? Or do you just say what all the cards in the stack are and then attack?


"When you fight the Mastermind, first guess the color of each Enigma card, and then reveal them."

Whether this means you have to name the colors in order or not has been a subject of much debate. Thematically, simply knowing the digits in a code doesn't mean you can decipher a message; you have to have them in the correct sequence. Ultimately, the instructions are a bit vague, so try both ways and see which you prefer.

Quote:
4) For "Anti-Mutant Hatred," it says "At the start of your turn, (Do this with the scheme twist." So if I draw into a scheme twist during that turn, my guess is it doesn't trigger because it is no longer the start of my turn?


Correct.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
"When you fight the Mastermind, first guess the color of each Enigma card, and then reveal them."

Whether this means you have to name the colors in order or not has been a subject of much debate. Thematically, simply knowing the digits in a code doesn't mean you can decipher a message; you have to have them in the correct sequence. Ultimately, the instructions are a bit vague, so try both ways and see which you prefer.


I always figured that you had to guess the exact color of each card, otherwise when you fought the Mastermind, you would know all the colors until you pulled another Masterstrike, right?

Three cards face down. You guess one is green, one is blue, one is black. You flip them all over to find out one is green, one is blue and one is yellow. If you didn't have to guess them in order, the next time someone fought the Mastermind it would be simple memory to what the code is.

I think a lot of people don't want you to have to guess each card right because it makes the scheme a lot easier, because it's pretty friggin hard.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
jhochges wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
"When you fight the Mastermind, first guess the color of each Enigma card, and then reveal them."

Whether this means you have to name the colors in order or not has been a subject of much debate. Thematically, simply knowing the digits in a code doesn't mean you can decipher a message; you have to have them in the correct sequence. Ultimately, the instructions are a bit vague, so try both ways and see which you prefer.


I always figured that you had to guess the exact color of each card, otherwise when you fought the Mastermind, you would know all the colors until you pulled another Masterstrike, right?

Three cards face down. You guess one is green, one is blue, one is black. You flip them all over to find out one is green, one is blue and one is yellow. If you didn't have to guess them in order, the next time someone fought the Mastermind it would be simple memory to what the code is.

I think a lot of people don't want you to have to guess each card right because it makes the scheme a lot easier, because it's pretty friggin hard.


Also, it says to "mix up" the cards after a failure, which would have no impact if you didn't have to guess them in order. I will mention that, for me, the language of the card was confusing because I was imagining a stack of cards. When I imagined it as cards laid out side-by-side, the language seemed fairly clear. (Mechanically there is no difference, but spatial memory, and wording, works better with side-by-side cards...i.e. "mix up" instead of "shuffle", compare the nega-bomb scheme).

You reveal them all at once ("first guess the color of each card, and then reveal them" seems pretty clear to me). So cards are laid out A, B, C, D...you say A=Blue, B=Black, C=Blue, D=Red. Then flip them over see if you're right, if not your turn is over and you mix them up face-down.
Whenever you defeat a villain, you can choose to spend 1 recruit to look at A, B, C, or D. On a Scheme Twist, you add E, and mix them up, shell-game style.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the thread I was thinking of: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1547876/unbreakable-enigma-...

In addition to the order/unordered question, it also asks:

- Do you mix up the code after hitting the mastermind? (Doubtful.)

- What do you have to say for multi class cards from Secret Wars; either color, or both?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.