Popular Tags: [View All]
Theaty Hannington
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Printing trying for the 2nd Quarter of 2018.

I'm glad Andrew's break from college gave Volko and him time to develop this to the point where they feel almost ready to playtest it. The update reads:

Quote:
Andrew and I had the chance this summer for some final tuning before beta test of our Falling Sky expansion that expands the game with a prequel to cover the whole period of the Gallic Wars. The pre-Vercingetorix Arverni are now behaving as we like, and we think we have a tight, right-into-the-action contest from 58BC on.

HELP WANTED: We are looking for a few willing play testers who know Falling Sky and would like to try out Ariovistus. You would need to be willing to assemble a test kit to augment your Falling Sky set with added cards, forces pieces, markers, and charts. If interested, please let me know at [Read email at GMT website]. Thanks! - Volko

This is the first thing I P500'd. I have since P500'd another thing's 2nd Edition, but I'm really looking forward to this! I can't wait for some long winter evenings continuing to dig into the base game, and the German expansion will clearly get one more of my regular group of gamers into this game deeper. He loves playing the Germans in any game! Hopefully, this will mean this game can stave off the recent cult-of-the-new focus of my game group, which I have mostly ignored to sit off in a corner playing older games that I enjoy.

Though the new Player Faction and scenarios are interesting, I'm most looking forwards to the long game, stringing the expansion and original game together in a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i ordered just the base 2nd edition reprint so far. are the thicker faction mats included in 2nd edition or do i need the expansion for that? i think i will order the expansion anyways since i'm intrigued by the extra gameplay content and improved bots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jonathan!

For anyone interested, if you ordered Second Edition Falling Sky, it comes with the thicker mats and the improved Non-players, as well as the handful of card text changes. You do not need Ariovistus for any of that, only if you want the added Germanic player Faction, deck, Celtic Tribes non-player fifth Faction, and the scenarios that use them.

Enjoy!
Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks. i went ahead and got the expansion as well since i love this time period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.