Paramedics: Clear!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Paramedics: Clear! Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bethany Tanner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
What happens to tokens on patients that die, and do tokens on transported patients have to be purchased again to be used again or can they immediately be taken off one patient and put on another (gross) for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lavallee
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When a patient dies, the tokens go back to the "general pool" and must be purchased again.

While I personally applaud the macabre idea of ripping them off the dead patient and using them in another ... it's not something for this game. ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Tanner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
What about when the patient is transported? do they return to the purchase pool or cabinet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kagan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After any patient is transported or dies the medical supplies return to the general pool for purchase. The cabinet can be used to hold one "purchased" supply per cabinet for future turns. -gk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard mellott
United States
summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book says you can use tokens from transported patients. So is not the case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't sure if i should start a new thread, but this is a rule question after all. What happens if the patient deck runs out and the shift is not over? Do you reshuffle the discard pile? Or does the game end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Yanyo
United States
Evansville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zelarvi wrote:
Wasn't sure if i should start a new thread, but this is a rule question after all. What happens if the patient deck runs out and the shift is not over? Do you reshuffle the discard pile? Or does the game end?

I have this question as well. We ran into this situation in a 4 player game on Saturday. We made it all the way through the first two shifts (60 and 45 seconds), but on the third shift, we ran out of patients in the draw pile. We had a few discards (due to no open backup gurneys when patients were drawn). However, even with that, we still ran out of patients a round or two before the supply deck would run out. At that point, all of the patient cards were either in a hospital, morgue, or gurney for each patient, so we couldn't really draw more of create a new draw deck. As it happened, this happened at the end of a round (so everyone had an equal amount of turns), so we just ended at that point. However, thinking about it later, I thought we could probably write down everyone's point totals at that time, and shuffle all the patients from the hospitals and morgues to be able to play to the end of the supply deck.

It would nice to get an official ruling as to what to do in this situation though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this answer in a different forum.

Quote:
Smirk & Dagger Games *
09-27-2017 at 9:37 am
Hi Razel

Good question. Yes, discarded Patients can be reshuffled. Normally this will take care of it -- but, in the rare case that all Patients are used, pause the game after a player completes their turn. Tally player scores to this point and then reshuffle the Patient cards to form a new deck. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls