Subject: Got My Copy and First Solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy in the US (North Carolina). The box was dinged pretty good on one side, and hence so was the game box, which is sad but expected. The insert is beautiful (even though I have yet to puzzle how everything best fits). I'm not sure how common this practice is, but I placed the punched-out punch boards underneath the insert, which raised the insert high enough to make the box seem full, with enough room to place the board and rule book on top. The pieces are solid and colorful - it reminds me of games when I was a kid, and that's a very good thing for me. The art is simple and sharp, and consistent across all the parts. I would describe it as somewhere between realism and cave art, and that just helps to cement the theme for me. Overall, a great looking package for a simple game, which is what I expected and hoped for.

I couldn't resist the call, and after opening everything up, I had to sit down and run the solo mode. I have to say, I was quite happy. I ran it on medium difficulty, and after two play throughs I feel confident in my knowledge of how to play. The challenge was manageable but existent, and the shells were important to manage - the dummy player collected most of them and returned few, so figuring out when to help myself and when to hurt the dummy was a big part. Each game took only about a half-hour, and having spent most of the year collecting solo games that take 1-4 hours to complete the speed was refreshing. As I become more familiar with the game, I'm sure that time will decrease and it'll become my go-to when I have a few minutes to kill and need a fast-paced strategy fix.

This was my first time backing a Kickstarter project, and I'm very happy with the quality of the game on all fronts, and the time it took to produce. I hear most don't turn around this fast at all, and it was certainly well worth the wait. Thanks Tea Time for this little unique game - I will enjoy sharing it with friends and family for years to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
SepiaPenguin03 wrote:
how common this practice is, but I placed the punched-out punch boards underneath the insert, which raised the insert high enough to make the box seem full,

that's funny i did that, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sapire
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you, makes us so happy to read!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.