BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: How do I get paid by auction winner? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Lynn
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I have sold some games through an auction, but I cannot figure out how to get paid.
From what I have figured out, I have to do a "quick marketplace listing" and put the price in the person won it for, but I don't know where to go from there.

I don't know how to get paid for the game & shipping so that I can ship the game. I am using PayPal.

Also, do I include the shipping cost in the amount I put the game in the marketplace for? I know BGG gets a commission, but does that come off just the game or game & shipping?

Thanks.
Jennifer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
The auction winner will go to the marketplace entry and they will check-out with it.

Once they do the item will be back to you waiting for shipping costs and payment info. You'll calculate shipping and send back a final total and in the notes you'll send along your paypal email address.

The buyer will send you a payment directly through Paypal, you can confirm the payment on the marketplace and then ship the item.

BGG will separately keep tabs on your commissions to be paid and you will pay that amount at some later point through the marketplace interface (Commissions > Pay), separate of your individual transactions.

In short : you get paid the full amount directly, it's up to you then to get back to BGG and pay your commissions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Lynn
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

Once they do the item will be back to you waiting for shipping costs and payment info. You'll calculate shipping and send back a final total and in the notes you'll send along your paypal email address.

Ok, so I just send it off the first time for the amount they bought it for and after they respond, I send them shipping price & PayPal info?

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeap, and just confirm that the person you're interacting with in the marketplace is the same person who won the auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
Yeap, and just confirm that the person you're interacting with in the marketplace is the same person who won the auction.

I've often seen it done where the seller adds a note in the Marketplace listing for the item stating that it has already been won in auction, and only so-and-so is allowed to make the transaction. This should be clear to any potential buyers who first see it in the Marketplace and want to purchase it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

I've often seen it done where the seller adds a note in the Marketplace listing for the item stating that it has already been won in auction, and only so-and-so is allowed to make the transaction. This should be clear to any potential buyers who first see it in the Marketplace and want to purchase it.

When you do the Quick Marketplace listing link from the geeklist item in an auction, it automatically says something like "From this auction, don't buy it if you didn't win it." I also add

***for indigopotter only***

in the description.

When making the quick marketplace listing, if you put the username in the field, it will send the marketplace listing to the user. I generally also send it to them in an email, along with any questions or info (like if they want First Class versus Priority shipping, with the prices for each, or for larger items, Priority versus Parcel Post. With the online discount, Priority is often cheaper, plus it comes with $50 of insurance.

Jennifer, feel free to geekmail me if you have any questions, I'm happy to help. You can also do mine first to walk through the process if you want (not in any hurry, just if you want to "practice" with me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
JenniferL1984 wrote:
I know BGG gets a commission, but does that come off just the game or game & shipping?

3%, just the game price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.