Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is true, it's stupid, and its better to buy both. You get more meeples that can be used to prototypes and in another games if you even need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EGG pricing is terrible. Won't be getting any more money from me. Lisboa pricing is all over the place. KS pricing vs Retail + Upgrade vs Deluxe. You would think the KS deluxe would be cheapest, then the Deluxe then retail but nope. Other way around, cheapest retail + upgrade then deluxe then KS deluxe (at least in North America). shake And no, getting it a few weeks earlier doesn't make a difference to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Waldrep
United States
Muscle Shoals
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you found the upgrade pack for sale anywhere yet? I just order the retail from CoolStuff but I haven't seen the upgrade pack actually available anywhere yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Krummel
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
EGG pricing is terrible. Won't be getting any more money from me. Lisboa pricing is all over the place. KS pricing vs Retail + Upgrade vs Deluxe. You would think the KS deluxe would be cheapest, then the Deluxe then retail but nope. Other way around, cheapest retail + upgrade then deluxe then KS deluxe (at least in North America). shake And no, getting it a few weeks earlier doesn't make a difference to me.

The pricing might be strange occasionaly, but at least EGG offers deluxe versions and upgrade packs for their KS games. For that, they get points in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KeithGrumble wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:

The pricing might be strange occasionaly, but at least EGG offers deluxe versions and upgrade packs for their KS games. For that, they get points in my book.

Right. There's no benefit at all for KSing their games. You don't even get a better price or something others don't. And it's not like a Vital Lacerda game needs KS anyway. That's what I meant but wasn't clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
KeithGrumble wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:

Right. There's no benefit at all for KSing their games. You don't even get a better price or something others don't. And it's not like a Vital Lacerda game needs KS anyway. That's what I meant but wasn't clear.

Well, getting the game on KS is more convenient for me since I live in Japan and it can be tricky getting games here. Shipping heavy games (weight-wise) can cost as much as the game itself at times.

Additionally, KSing the game helps it get made as nice as it is. I don't think we'd have these beautiful deluxe editions without the help of KS backers, honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Well, getting the game on KS is more convenient for me since I live in Japan and it can be tricky getting games here. Shipping heavy games (weight-wise) can cost as much as the game itself at times.

That's why in my first post I said "at least in North America".

ACGalaga wrote:
Additionally, KSing the game helps it get made as nice as it is. I don't think we'd have these beautiful deluxe editions without the help of KS backers, honestly.

At this point, I'm not convinced about that. I understand it from a business stand point though. Why put down your own money upfront when you can get it before production from your patrons and with the exact print run known? What irks me is that they could at least make it somewhat beneficial to those backers that provide them capital upfront.

During the KS the deluxe edition was $89+$27(shipping)= $116USD = $145 CAD (current exchange rate, during the KS the CAD was weaker and it was $150 CAD). FLGS around here were accepting pre-orders before the game shipped for $130 CAD tax included. I got the game 2 weeks earlier. Big deal. If you get the retail plus upgrade pack it's $120CAD tax included! What!? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt v
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just wish they would state that the deluxe version is the base version with upgrade pack. I was under the impression that there was only the base retail game and KS/deluxe version, hence why is purchased the deluxe version on EGG. If I would've known otherwise, I would have purchased the base game at CoolStuffInc and the upgrade pack somewhere else, saving $30-40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt v
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, several components listed online exclusively to the deluxe version also come with the base retail version. I'm trying to call EGG but cannot find a phone number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
United States
Newark
DE
flag msg tools
Broth runs deep through our veins.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkoctavius wrote:
Also, several components listed online exclusively to the deluxe version also come with the base retail version. I'm trying to call EGG but cannot find a phone number.

For anyone wonder what components those are, here is a post from Vital Lacerda. The upgraded boards, 2-Player Overlay, Card Start-up Pack, Decree Display Board, and the 2 additional player aid booklets come in both versions, even though the EGG site says they only come in the Deluxe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt v
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I feel like that is false advertisement, hence why I'm going to refund my deluxe version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spleenmuncher wrote:
darkoctavius wrote:

For anyone wonder what components those are, here is a post from Vital Lacerda. The upgraded boards, 2-Player Overlay, Card Start-up Pack, Decree Display Board, and the 2 additional player aid booklets come in both versions, even though the EGG site says they only come in the Deluxe.

Can anyone with the base retail version confirm this? I have a preorder of the Deluxe version from Gamenerdz but would cancel and get the base if this is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Waldrep
United States
Muscle Shoals
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that my retail edition I just got two days ago from CoolStuff is exactly as Vital described.

However, I can't find the upgrade pack available for sale anywhere. Also, it looks like Eagle-Gryphon has taken the upgrade pack off of their website. Anybody know what's going on with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bosstime wrote:
Anybody know what's going on with that?

They realized that people caught on to this "stupid" pricing as Vital himself described above and decided to pull it so more people wouldn't be upset?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
bosstime wrote:
Anybody know what's going on with that?

They realized that people caught on to this "stupid" pricing as Vital himself described above and decided to pull it so more people wouldn't be upset?

Because of the fire the Deluxe version is now more rare. This maybe an explanation for the price to be higher. No official information here, just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
For clarification, Lisboa & Lisboa Deluxe share many components.

The following items come in Lisboa:

(1) Game Board
(1) Rulebook
(4) Player Aid Booklets
(4) Expanded Player Boards
(60) Goods Tokens - 15 Gold, 15 Cloth, 15 Books, 15 Tools
(55) Real Coins (unlimited) - 30 "1" Real, 20 "5" Reais, 5 "10" Reais
(20) Plans
(16) Double-sided Public Buildings
(22) Large City Tiles
(5) Small City Tiles
(4) Scoring Tiles
(12) Royal Favor Tiles from 3 different nobles
(37) Clergy Tiles
(1) Cardinal Meeple
(82) Political Cards
(12) Ship Cards
(70) Decree Cards
(63) Rubble Cubes in 3 colors
(1) Treasury Marker
(4) Price Markers in 4 colors
(8) Discs in 4 player colors
(20) Rubble set markers in player colors
(4) Courtier Meeples in player colors
(32) Official Meeples in player colors
(32) Wooden Houses in player colors
(1) Start Player Tile
(1) Clergy Tile Bag
(1) Rubble Bag
(1) 2-Player Overlay
(12) Card Start-up Pack
(1) Decree Display Board

Note: This includes some stretch goals from the Kickstarter campaign such as the expanded player boards, decree display board & 12 card start-up pack.

The following items come in Lisboa Deluxe (with the additions and changes from the base version highlighted):

(1) Game Board
(1) Rulebook
(4) Player Aid Booklets
(4) Expanded Player Boards
(60) Goods Tokens - 15 Gold, 15 Cloth, 15 Books, 15 Tools
(55) Real Coins (unlimited) - 30 "1" Real, 20 "5" Reais, 5 "10" Reais
(20) Plans
(16) Double-sided Public Buildings
(22) Large City Tiles
(5) Small City Tiles
(4) Scoring Tiles Stenciled Scoring Discs
(12) Royal Favor Tiles from 3 different nobles
(37) Clergy Tiles
(1) Cardinal Meeple Cardinal Deluxe Meeple
(82) Political Cards
(12) Ship Cards
(70) Decree Cards
(63) Rubble Cubes in 3 colors
(1) Treasury Marker Treasury Deluxe Token
(4) Price Markers in 4 colors Wooden Price Markers in 4 colors
(8) Discs in 4 player colors Stenciled Influence Discs in 4 player colors
(20) Rubble set markers in player colors
(4) Courtier Meeples in player colors Deluxe Courtier Meeples in player colors
(32) Official Meeples in player colors Deluxe Official Meeples in player colors
(32) Wooden Houses in player colors
(1) Start Player Tile
(1) Clergy Tile Bag Screen Printed Rubble Cloth Bag
(1) Rubble Bag Screen Printed Rubble Cloth Bag
(1) 2-Player Overlay
(12) Card Start-up Pack
(1) Decree Display Board
(14) Public Building Randomizer Tokens
(24) Store Randomizer Tokens

Eagle-Gryphon.com incorrectly left components off the listing for Lisboa that are included but no components listed are not included in the game. Some components for Lisboa Deluxe we also missing from the listing although they are included in the deluxe edition. The listings for Lisboa and Lisboa Deluxe have been updated as above on our website.

Due to the fire, we have had to use stock of the upgrade packs to fulfill Lisboa Deluxe orders, thus they are not currently available separately on our website at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.